Form Layout - Group

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
[email protected]

Form Layout - Group

Post by [email protected] »

With the new grouping in Form Layout, how do you tell it to stop grouping fields?

For example, I have a row that is a group followed by 5 fields. I only want the first 3 fields included in the group. I can't seem to figure out how you turn off grouping once it is turned on.
PEFS

Post by PEFS »

My understanding of the new v4 forms is that you can only break sections apart by using a separator within a form. Having said that, you could insert a separator for the group with the 3 field below it and then add a blank separator (by clicking insert and selecting the 'Separator Row' but not adding a title and de-selecting collapsible) then add the other 2 items below that separator row and they will be in a separate section surrounded by a thin box.

I am not aware of any way to do it so that you don't use a separator row and not have a box around the items.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Yes, it is a bit awkward at the moment. You need to insert another separator to create a new group to end the previous group. We will look into fixing this shortly.
Aware IM Support Team
[email protected]

Thanks

Post by [email protected] »

Thanks. I thought I was possibly missing something.
ab042

Post by ab042 »

Another Separator/Group issue if you have more than one column.

You can place a Separator on Column one but you can not place a different Separator on Column 2 and this would be a very nice feature.

I believe it would help with the over all look of the form when using two columns.
4xjbh

Post by 4xjbh »

Yes being able to specify column span or the seperator working with the merge option would be great.

[quote="ab042"]Another Separator/Group issue if you have more than one column.

You can place a Separator on Column one but you can not place a different Separator on Column 2 and this would be a very nice feature.

I believe it would help with the over all look of the form when using two columns.[/quote]