New Version 4 Forms display

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
geoff

New Version 4 Forms display

Post by geoff »

Version 4 looks great. I updated from V3.0 and when I access my existing records or try to create a new record (test mode) the display of the forms are screwed up (too tall for window, labels overlap, etc). And there is no scroll bar I can use to move up. I hate to think that I now have to reformat all my forms! (How ??)
Worse still, if I send my customer an updated bsv with some changes I am currently working on, will it also screw up his existing 80,000 records when displaying them????
Am I doing something wrong? If not, tell me please how to roll back to Version 3.
rolfb

Post by rolfb »

Hi geoff

I have the same problem - calender screwed up etc. It sure looks like a problem hopefully support will come back with an answer :(
tford

Post by tford »

Not sure if this will help -- from the ReleaseNotes.txt file in your AwareIM root directory:
Aware IM 4.0 implements an entirely new web user interface. Because of this certain capabilities
of the old interface are no longer supported in the new version. However, you can still run your
existing applications using the old web interface. If you want Aware IM to use the old interface
start your web applications using old login URL's. If you want Aware IM to use the new interface
use new login URL's:

Old URL New URL
--------------------------------------------------
logon.jsp logonAdmin.html
logonOp.jsp logon.html
logonOp.do?... logonOp.aw?domain=CRM&userName=admin&password=password&testingMode=false
Tom
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

We are currently aware of a problem with the calendar control in Firefox 3 (works fine in Firefox 2).

If you noticed other problems with sample applications, please post specific applications/forms/sections and the type and version of the browser.

You may need to adjust your form layout to look good in version 4. Alternatively you can use the old interface as pointed out by Tom.
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The forms created for the old web interface are almost guaranteed to look bad in the new interface. If you want to use the new interface you MUST re-work your forms and visual perspectives. This is not a big deal at all usually. We did that for all sample applications.

If you don't want to do this - just use the old interface. If you sent a BSV to existing customers it will not affect them at all.
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Further to my previous e-mail. If anyone has trouble converting a form from the old interface to the new one - attach screenshots of the old and new forms to your forum message and I'll explain what to do (so that others can see that as well)
Aware IM Support Team