Aware IM support Multi-language

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
jonlau

Aware IM support Multi-language

Post by jonlau »

Hi,

Is Aware IM able to support multi-lanuage sites e.g. chinese, japanese?

Regards,

Jon Lau
Elmar

Post by Elmar »

Nope. It seems to be a technically demanding issue for AwareIM and although it is kept being requested for 2 years now, it´s not being implemented. I guess a lot needs to be changed internally in order to create multilingual sites in AwareIM.

I´m kind of lurking around in the forums waiting for this feature to be introduced at some point. As a web-developer I can´t sell a single site or product that is english-only.
pkesch

Post by pkesch »

Hi,

same here with me... Multilingual is a must have. so far I use AWAREIM for internal tasks only with a limited user group (5 users) because I cant generate a multilingual version...

I posted a suggestion some weeks ago to add HTML feature to labels which would allow to use references to BOs in a label. This would be a first workaround to provide multilingual forms.

Regards,
Peter
baskosi

Post by baskosi »

It seems a lot of us are waiting for multi-language support. It would be great to at least support one-language sites that don't use English. Part of it is already done using 'ApplicationResources.properties'.

Now that AJAX is implemented it would be great to focus on internationalization features. If there are more people waiting on this I guess sales would increase too :D
Borut
Elmar

Post by Elmar »

There simply needs to be a way to abstract labels as well as contents (example would be a localized country dropdown etc.).

Aware created a Poll a while ago and actually I think that the majority users requiring Multilingual solutions never actually made it to the forum at all. People that do vote are probably the ones that can live this shortcoming as they are either trailing the software or already bought it.

Regarding ApplicationResources - it actually supports "one-language" systems that are not English quite well and anyone is free to extend that model based on their own strings. It is just, that this is not an option for apps that I need to build.

After all this moaning: The new ExtJS based Layout looks great. The contrast between the old school calendar and the rest of the app really shows how much AwareIM benefited from this change.