SUM in a Report Band

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
jclark58

SUM in a Report Band

Post by jclark58 »

I have a report with date based bands where I Sum each column and row.
The cell I am having the problem with is the bottom right hand cell that should contain either the Sum of the Row totals or the Sum of the Band totals.

If I put any sort of statement like SUM COL1 + SUM COL2 + SUM COL3
or SUM COL1 + COL2 + COL3 then the "Evaluation Details" button is greyed out in the Properties for that Field. This means I cant control how the field is calculated over the whole report, Page or Band etc

I have tried various ways of SUMing BO attribs with the same result.
Is there a way I can reference the calculated fields in the report itself?
ie a SUM of the Summed fields?

John
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Not possible yet I'm afraid. I would love to have the same feature. What I often do is to create a non-persisted bo and collect the data there that I am reporting on and also create the subtotals in that bo. I base the report on that bo and then I can sum the subtotals on the report. If you want more explanation, let me know.

Pete
jclark58

Post by jclark58 »

Thanks Pete,

I guess I was already partway where you are as we have several years historical (hysterical) data that I wanted to report on so I already collect each months summary data and add it to that BO.

I got around my immediate problem by creating a row total attrib in the BO and then summed that - no so elegant but hey.

I would be interested in learning more about your nonperesisted BO approach if you can find the time to post it.

John
ghilton

Sum

Post by ghilton »

I would to!
I need to write some Management reports but finding it impossible to sum a charge field!

:oops: