Maintaining Default Entries

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
vinsnash

Post by vinsnash »

I have a situation where there will multiple inputs of an object that will have the same value in a particular attribute. Is there some rule that can be formulated using instance prefixes, functions etc. to accomplish this. I would like the field for the attribute to maintain the initial input value until it is changed by the user and then continue holding the new value.

Thanks for the help I get here.

Vins Nash
tford

Post by tford »

Vins,

Can you give more details about what you are trying to accomplish. I'm not sure I understand it yet.

Thanks,
Tom
vinsnash

Post by vinsnash »

We have a membership enrollment process that is pretty much a head down keyboard entry process. Normally multiple enrollments are made for the same unit from a form before moving on to the next unit. We'd like to enter a unit ID attribute and have it as the default for subsequent entries until we change it rather than have to key it in for each new enrollment instance. There are a few other attributes with the same condition. The idea is to shave as many keystrokes as possible.

Is there some rule that can be devised to accomplish that?

Thanks

Vins Nash
tford

Post by tford »

Vins,

AwareIM can handle this. The method descrinbed below will let each user have their own default values. Default values will be carried over from that users previous session.

1- Create BO attribute Members.UnitID

2- Create BO attribute RegularUser.UnitID

3- Rule in Members BO:
If Members.UnitID<>LoggedInRegularUser.UnitID Then
LoggedInRegularUser.UnitID=Members.UnitID

4- Create a process for entering new members:
ENTER NEW Members WITH Members.UnitID=LoggedInRegularUser.UnitID

The rule in #3 will store the latest Members.UnitID in LoggedInRegularUser.UnitID

The process in #4 uses the stored LoggedInRegularUser.UnitID when creating a new instance of Members.

Tom
tford

Post by tford »

One other note.

If you only want to use the values from NEW entries as defaults for future data entry, rule #3 should be:

If Members.UnitID<>LoggedInRegularUser.UnitID AND Members IS NEW Then
LoggedInRegularUser.UnitID=Members.UnitID

Tom
vinsnash

Post by vinsnash »

Looks like that will work. I'll be trying it over the weekend.

Thanks again

Vins Nash