Aware IM with an existing MSSQL database

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
warnerra

Aware IM with an existing MSSQL database

Post by warnerra »

Hello,

I am evaluating Aware IM for two distinct purposes. The first is to adopt Aware IM as the standard IT tool for low complexity applications in a medium-sized engineering firm as an alternative to Access or Excel. We are geographically dispersed, so a web-based architecture is the first priority. Everything that I have read or tried with the evaluation version supports my choice of Aware IM for this purpose.

However, in addition to being the general manager of this engineering company, also I personally own a company that markets a case management solution. The application is built on an MSSQL database with approximately 100 tables using referential integrity (constraints) but very little business logic. Because I have a Pocket PC component that synchs data with the MSSQL database using SQL Serve CE, maintaining the database is desirable. Originally the application had a rather complicated Access front end, but was converted to a streamlined thin-client/hosted server configuration a few years ago. The thin-client version has been plagued with a problem of dropping the connection to the hosted server and I must find a new application layer technology.

I am less certain that Aware IM is a good match for migrating my case management application to the Aware IM environment. I am still unclear if Aware IM can be used with an existing database or if I could migrate existing users to a new database, should I choose to abandon the Pocket PC component.

Can anyone share any experiences with using Aware IM to replace an exiting application or provide any insight to the suitability of this product for use in my case management scenario?

Thank you.