Context to Sub-Report

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
christopherb

Context to Sub-Report

Post by christopherb »

Wondering is context available for sub-report(s)?

Scanerio: A proof report that looks for data from two separate BO

Setup:
BO - SearchParameters
BO - Payments
BO - Orders

reports - Proof Report
reports - sub_ProofOrders
reports - sub_ProofPayments

Pretty simple in that a process creates a form(Start date - End Date) from SearchParameters. The user can select and particular date range to create a query to get information from the Orders or Payments BO. Works fine without using the and sub-reports. I would prefer to use sub reports then I wouldn't need to create to separate reports for Order and for Payments as they are separate BO

So when creating sub report queries I can not seem to access the data in context from the query to complete the sub-report query.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great

Chris
tford

Post by tford »

Chris,

Can you provide the query rule form text for the subreport queries?

Tom
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

I tried a series of queries so I am not sure one over the other would help by being posted

Chris
tford

Post by tford »

Chris,

I don't understand from your example how Payments and Orders are related. Do you just want to list all Payments & All orders between beginning & ending date?

Tom
tford

Post by tford »

Chris,

What is the FIND syntax that you are using to make the reports work as standalone reports?

Tom
tford

Post by tford »

Chris,

What is the FIND syntax that you are using to make the reports work as standalone reports?

Tom
tford

Post by tford »

Chris,

I sent you a BSV via email that shows subreports in action. My guess is that since the 2 reports do not inherently has a Master context driving them, that you need a PROCESS that:

1-FINDs appropriate Payments
2-FINDs appropriate Orders
3- runs the Proof Report which woudl be marked as "determine at run time'

Hope this helps.

Tom