Embedded Report

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jolee

Embedded Report

Post by Jolee »

Hi,
I am trying to get an embedded report to list multiple instances of an object I am trying to list. Although currently am only getting one instance.

In the first instance IPU.Name is requested at runtime for the main report

example:

In the main report if I LIST the items:
LIST (IPU.Device.Components,' ','Component_Type','Description','Serial_No','Supplier','Warranty_Period','Invoice_No','Invoice_Date')

This returns all Components of the IPU.
If I embed a report, it only returns one component of the IPU.

The report (which will be embedded) has the objects defined as (for example): IPU.Device.Components.Serial_No

and my query for the embedded report is:
FIND HardwareComponents WHERE HardwareComponents IN IPU.Device.Components AND HardwareComponents.Device.IPU='Wellington'

This returns the first component of the IPU Device.

Is my query wrong? or ....
Please help,
Jolee

sorry if this isn't clear ...
:?:
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Jolee,

From you description it follows you have an extra condition in the second case:

HardwareComponents.Device.IPU='Wellington'

which is not present in the first case. As an experiment, I would suggest to remove the condition from the second query (to make it equivalent to the first one) to see if it prints the same number of components as the first one.

On a different subject, the function LIST is generally useful in document templates. In reports, however, you can take advantage of the Details band, which is a much better option for printing multiple items. First, it lets you freely position and apply formatting to separate attributes within the item (which you cannot do with LIST function). Second, it will automatically create multiple pages if the number of items is too large to fit on a single page.
Aware IM Support Team
Jolee

Post by Jolee »

I tried removing the HardwareComponents.Device.IPU='Wellington' line and it still returns only one component.

The main report at runtime asks what the IPU Name is.
I want to be able to insert an embedded report that lists all Components associated with that particular IPU.

In the report that I am embedded the template uses the details band.
I am not using it in the main report as this is the first of 3 embedded reports I need to do.

If there is a better way to do this, please advise.

As I think doing it this way causes problems with printing multiple pages.

Jolee
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Jolee,

To understand what is going on we need to see your configuration. If you do not mind, please export your business space version into a file and email it to [email protected]

Also, could you please give me more details on problems with printing multiple pages.
Aware IM Support Team
Jolee

Post by Jolee »

Does this export business objects etc only and not actual data?

Also, what information do you need me to provide you to have a look at this.
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Exporting business space version only outputs the configuration of your application, i.e. the definitions of business objects, rules, document templates, report design and anything else you can see in the Configuration Tool. It does not output any actual data entered in the operation mode.

If we cannot reproduce the problem by testing your configuration, we will ask you for more details.

I would also appreciate if you can tell me more about the multi-page report problem.
Aware IM Support Team