Changing the Pop-Up, Ajax Styled Query List View

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ACDC

Changing the Pop-Up, Ajax Styled Query List View

Post by ACDC »

Hi

Is there any control over the size of the List View Grid pop up that is generated from a reference object on a form, when the reference is of a "Table Type"

I understand the sizing options under Display Results Options on the query works when running the query. But for some reason this does not have any effect on the query when it is run from within reference on an object form.

If it is not configurable somehow, and it is set by the system, Then there needs to be some attention made to the sizing of the form. At the moment the POP up Style form ( ver 3.0) is locked into the frame (if you can call that) and in my case I only have 3 records, and I have to scroll the screen down to locate the OK button to finalize my selection and proceed. This makes it cumbersome and very difficult to operate.

An immediate solution would be to reduce the height of the grid by at least 25 % or provide somewhere to set this parameter to stretch the width and height automatically
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

The OK and Cancel buttons should be visible even if the grid does not fully fit into the pop up window. To check this you can login as a staff member to the Ordering sample application, navigate to an order form and click a product name in the table to bring up a pop up selection window.
Aware IM Support Team
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

The reason why your online sample looks okay, is there is no tool bars showing in the browser. This provides more space for the pop up. I do not want to restrict my users use of the toolbar .

Furthermore if I have a horizontal menu (old style) with new tabs below, the space is reduced even further because the pop up is constrained to the tab area

The attached image shows the order sample running on my machine with the Ok and Cancel Button hidden. The user has to scroll ??

Also, in your online example you have to scroll to get to the bottom menu options for print and search operations. So there is a scroll needed even if you have only two items in the list (thats not normal !!) In my case there is two scrolls needed by the user

As a developer I should not be restricted from being able to control the setting of this pop-up and would recommend something be done to resolve this.

In the meantime, is there a method for me to hard code this in the script somewhere as this is most definitely a show stopper for me right now.

(May I suggest if there is no way to provide user settings, then reduce the size to accommodate the problem)

Thank You

sorry no file upload option !!!!? [/img]
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

We will look into this shortly.
Aware IM Support Team
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

The online samples load without any of the toolbars visible in the browser

How does one get this to work, as I don't see this in the configurator

Thank You
PEFS

Post by PEFS »

It is not in the configurator (I wish that it was).

I use the following code in my logon.jsp page:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

<!-- This script and many more are available free online at -->
<!-- The JavaScript Source!! http://javascript.internet.com -->

<!-- Begin
if (this.name!='fullscreen'){
window.open(location.href,'fullscreen','fullscreen,resizable,scrollbars,titlebar')
window.open('close.html', '_self');
}
// End -->
</script>

You will notice that I refer to a HTML document called 'close.html'. I use this HTML page to get around microsofts prompt that tells you a web page is attempting to close (when going into full screen mode).

The close.html page has the following code:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html><body>
<script language="JavaScript">window.close();</script>
</body></html>

it is located with the logon.jsp page in the AwareIM/Tomcat/webapps/AwareIM root folder location. I will post these 2 pages on the yahoo groups site.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Awar ... en%20Mode/

[/url]
greg

Post by greg »

You can check how it is done in sample applications. I use this line:

<a style="font-weight: bold;" href="javascript:;"
onclick="window.open('http://www.server.com:8080/AwareIM/logo ... ectories=0')">
Go to your application</a>

It opens login screen for your business space a new browser window of the size you set.

greg