Associating a list view on a form to another attribute,?????

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ACDC

Associating a list view on a form to another attribute,?????

Post by ACDC »

Can someone help me work this one out please ?

I have an Appointment object that includes a reference to an Account Object and a Contact Object. (Each Contact is attached to an Account in the contact object)

When I create an Appointment and assign it an Account, and then proceed to assign the Contact from the Contact list , I want the list of Contacts presented only to be associated to the Account already entered in "this appointment" that I am in the process of setting up.

Therefore, the contacts listed will only be the ones that are linked to the selected Account on the form, rather than the full list of contacts in the DB

The problem I have here, because it is a new Appointment object record being set up, how does the Contact attribute know what account has been selected in the form. I was hoping the Ajax features would refresh the state of the form automatically, and then let the Contact list query orientate to the Account attribute for its result listing

Hope I am make sense here

Thank You
PEFS

Post by PEFS »

Hey ACDC,

Sound like you have your connections set up correctly. The trick is using the query filter on the Appointment Contact reference to only return the appropriate records associated with the account.

You would use the following:

FIND Contact WHERE Appointments.Account IN Contact.Accounts

I create a simple test .bsv file and will post it on the yahoo groups site. You will find the bsv at the following link:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Awar ... Filtering/

I hope this does the trick for you

Cheers

PEFS
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

Hey PEFS

Thanks for the input and effort , that did the trick. This will fast track my process.

regards
ACDC :D