Generic delete data process

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
greg

Generic delete data process

Post by greg »

I want to write a generic delete data process to make it available on a business object form. A process which verifies a delete request and deletes an instance of a business object currently in context.

For example, I can write a process which is evoked from, say business object AAA form and asks a user if they want to delete AAA. If the user confirms, then the instance is deleted. However, I need to write a separate process for business object BBB. Is there a way to write a single process and to use it for any business object?
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

A generic delete operation is already available in the system, so you do not
need to write any special processes at all. All you need to do is to add an
operation of type Delete Object on an object form. When the user invokes
this operation in the operation mode, the system first prompts the user to
confirm the deletion and then deletes the object if the operation is
confirmed.
Aware IM Support Team
greg

Post by greg »

I used the system Delete operation on a business object form and it deleted an instance of business object without asking for confirmation.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

I suspect that you configured Delete operation to be "Inside the form caption". For now delete operation configured this way will not prompt. However, if you configure it to be "Above" or "Below" the form it WILL prompt
Aware IM Support Team
greg

Post by greg »

Yes, that is correct. The delete process was inside the form caption and the system started asking for confirmation when I moved it above the form.