Error after update

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Ewanm

Error after update

Post by Ewanm »

Hi there,

I have just downloaded the latest copy of AwareIM and have carried out an upgrade on my windows server. After carrying out the required changes to allow configuration frm a remote MAC, I get the following error.

'Error establishing connection with the server. ERROR:org.openadaptor.adaptor.jms.JMSSlink - init() failed whith JMS Queue/Topic PublishExceotion:org.openadaptor.adaptor.jms.PublishExceotion:org.openadaptor.adaptor.jms.JMSPublisher - connect()failed with NamingException:javax.naming.CommunicationException:Receive timed out[Root exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException:Receive timed out]'

I hope this is a correct copy. This feature was working before I updated both the Server and the client machines.

Regards,

Ewanm
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Please check that you have performed all the required steps correctly - in particular, that the "localhost" reference in the BASServer.props file is replaced with the network name of the server.
Aware IM Support Team
Ewanm

Post by Ewanm »

I have checked everything and it all appears to be OK. I have also tried the client application on a second MAC and am getting the same result.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

We haven't changed anything whatsoever in any latest version that could have affected this. There can only be two explanations:

1) You still haven't configured everything properly
2) There was some change in your server/network configuration

It appears that the client cannot establish a connection with the naming service. The naming service is running on the server and the client tries to find the service using the line in the BASServer.props file:

serverName:1099

So it must be one of the two - either the server name is incorrect or there is some problem communicating with port 1099 through your network. Can you run the Configuration Tool from the server machine?
Aware IM Support Team
Ewanm

Post by Ewanm »

Yes I can start the configuration tool on the server. where does port 1099 come from?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This is controlled by the following line in the BASServer.props file:

DirectoryServiceProvider=jnp://serverName:1099/

This is where the problem is. Either your "serverName" is not recognized on the network or there is a problem communicating with port 1099 through your network.
Aware IM Support Team
Ewanm

Post by Ewanm »

Got it,

Out IT people found something blocking port 1099, ant that cured it. Don't know why it happened during the upgrade.

Thanks

Ewanm