Accessing AwareIM API Via PHP

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
bkonia

Accessing AwareIM API Via PHP

Post by bkonia »

In your programmer's reference manual, you mentioned that "other" languages besides Java would be supported in the future. Do you plan to support PHP? I would guess that a large percentage of your user base comes from a PHP programming background. It would be a lot easier for someone like myself to develop custom scripts in PHP, rather than having to learn Java.

Another approach that you could probably implement very easily would be to have an action that could run an executable file on the server and pass it parameters. The executable could then interact with the business space using the AwareIM XML Interface and when it's finished running, control would be passed back to the AwareIM process. This approach would allow you to support any language since AwareIM wouldn't have to do anything other than run the executable specified by the user.
Brad S Konia
Hostland
https://www.hostland.com
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Thanks for your suggestions, Brad. We'll think through the "executable" idea. As far as PHP is concerned, in the future we will support it as well as .NET components.
Aware IM Support Team
Elmar

Post by Elmar »

Hi there.

I just stumbled across this post and it looks very interesting. So you are saying that you see the possibilty to "port" AwareIM to .NET in the future???

Or are we talking about AwareIM exendability in terms of custom programming with other languages like .NET or PHP?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Porting to .NET is not out of the question but is not in immediate plans. We were talking more about adding .NET plug-ins or PHP plug-ins.
Aware IM Support Team