Questionnaire

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
poshaccy

Questionnaire

Post by poshaccy »

Hi - sorry if there is a simple answer, however, I have BO that deals with a Risk Assessment Questionnaire that will be completed multiple times. The questions will be the same, however, may change over time which is why I have put the Questions in SystemSetting so that the end user can change them. The Answers and Comments for the Risk Assessment are held within the RiskAss BO.

I have no problem in creating the Risk Assessment form etc etc, however, I have a problem if any of the Questions are changed within SystemSettings and I then go back to view an old Risk Assessment form I find that the Question has been changed to the new Question - I don't want the old Risk Assessment form to change when a Question has been updated within SystemSettings.

I have tried using;
- a Process when creating a new RiskAssessment using ENTER NEW and then picking up the Questions from SystemSettings
- I've also tried Rules within RiskAssessments to pick up the Questions (Rules use "If RiskAss.ID IS UNDEFINED Then" so should only be triggered once !!)
Both of these methods will pick up the questions, however, they are then changed if the SystemSettings Question is changed.

Hope this makes sense.
Jaymer

Re: Questionnaire

Post by Jaymer »

Please post a picture of your Risk Assessment form
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

I have the exact situation. Here's what I did that works perfectly:

In the Questionnaire BO, create a Q1_Label, Q2_Label (etc.) attribute for each question. Create another object somewhere to hold the Qx_Labels. When the Questionnaire is created, use a process to copy each label to the Qx_Label attributes. The labels for each question will be <<Qx_Label>>. This way, the questionnaires are fixed even after a change. You can find ways to accommodate additional questions. For example, I recommend you have an attribute in the Questionnaire BO to hold a version number and initialize it to the current version. This way, you can use Protect Rules to either display or not display the question and response based on the version. There you go.
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit
poshaccy

Post by poshaccy »

kklosson wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:31 pm I have the exact situation. Here's what I did that works perfectly:

In the Questionnaire BO, create a Q1_Label, Q2_Label (etc.) attribute for each question. Create another object somewhere to hold the Qx_Labels. When the Questionnaire is created, use a process to copy each label to the Qx_Label attributes. The labels for each question will be <<Qx_Label>>. This way, the questionnaires are fixed even after a change. You can find ways to accommodate additional questions. For example, I recommend you have an attribute in the Questionnaire BO to hold a version number and initialize it to the current version. This way, you can use Protect Rules to either display or not display the question and response based on the version. There you go.
Thanks, I had done 90% of the above and its now sorted.....however, for the final stage I added a Complete Yes/No button and then an IF statement to the copy rule. Thanks again.