Report Formatting

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
pbrad

Report Formatting

Post by pbrad »

Hi,
Is there anyway to have a report alternate colours of the background for each row in the details section of a report?
thanks,
Pete
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Hi Pete,

Not at the moment, unfortunately. We have put it on our TODO list for the near future.
Aware IM Support Team
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Okay thanks,
The ability to set the background colours of any band would be nice too. I know that you can put a coloured box behind the fields in reports to simulate this but it won't work on presentations due to the overlapping limitation.
Thanks,
Pete
Craig

Post by Craig »

This functionality is still not available :cry:
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

I think the Reporting capabiltiy needs further development in general. A while back I asked Support about this and they currently use an old version of Jasper Reports, so maybe updating to the newer version would add much richer features. In products ike MS Access the reporting capability has much greater flexibility.

IF you currently deploy on SQL server 2005/08 you can always try out their web reporting options, Reporting services (SSRS), BIDS and Report Builder and very rich in functionality but are outside of AWAREIM but give you and the customer greater flexibility and ease of use. But of course SQL Server is ££! There are also other Java/open source reporting options like JasperSoft or OpenI, BIRT (bit similar to BIDS and SSRS), Open reports, some of this may depend on where you deploy AWARE.

Support - any thoughts on where you might be going on the reporting side ?
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Hi,

In follow up to my post 2 1/2 yrs ago. I didn't realize that the report writer was based on Jaspersoft. If I had to name a single outstanding area of improvement for this awesome program, it would be the report writer.

Is there any chance of a Jaspersoft upgrade in the future?

cheers,
Pete
ab042

Post by ab042 »

"single outstanding area of improvement for this awesome program, it would be the report writer"

I'll 2nd pbrad comments. I would love to see an updated report writer. :D
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Thank you for your comments. We ARE planning to make improvements to the Report Designer. I am not sure about the new version of Jasper Reports, though
Aware IM Support Team
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Awesome. Whatever platform that you think is best is fine with me.

Pete
daxhamlin

Post by daxhamlin »

Can reports be scheduled in the current version? I see that I can schedule processes to run but not sure if that applies to reports.

The reason I ask is because we use Business Objects (SAP) for other systems in house and users love to be able to have their own que and have reports delivered to their email. I have seen this in an open source program called OpenReports (http://oreports.com/) that uses Jasper reports and had scheduling capabilities.

Thanks,

Dax
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

You can schedule any event (process) including the creation and emailing of reports.

Pete
daxhamlin

Post by daxhamlin »

Hi Pete,

When you say "You can schedule any event (process) including the creation and emailing of reports." I am assuming that you mean that a developer can schedule reports. Can an end user schedule reports?

Thanks,

Dax
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Hi,

Not right out of the box but it is easily doable. There are a number of different ways that you could handle this but one method would be to facilitate the users defining when they want a report created and then create a scheduled process that checks every hour to see if any reports need to be sent out during that hour.

Pete