Restore default view on a Mac

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
cak

Restore default view on a Mac

Post by cak »

does anybody know how to restore the default view on a Apple/Mac System - I'm new to AwareIM. Thanks
Regards
Charles
himanshu

Re: Restore default view on a Mac

Post by himanshu »

I am not sure your looking to reset your AwareIM layout view... there is option under Tools -> Reset layout... might help
From,
Himanshu Jain

AwareIM Consultant (since version 4.0)
DB: MYSQL, MSSQL
Jaymer

Re: Restore default view on a Mac

Post by Jaymer »

cak wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:58 pm does anybody know how to restore the default view on a Apple/Mac System - I'm new to AwareIM. Thanks
just an FYI:
1) welcome

2) there are literally "Aware EXPERTS" on the forum here - and most are willing to help, but you have to help us.
Hastily written terse questions do not help and may get your Q overlooked.
Glad you have a Mac - many of us do - so you know how easy it is to take a screen cap.
You'll get best results [from the Forum] if you post an image or two along with your Q.

3) I have a Mac with a high-res screen, and I've changed my size to Tahoma 20 - but, there's many screens in the Config Tool that don't "scale" properly. If you bring up a Dialog box, the type is bigger but the window size didn't increase. This makes things "scrunched" or even hidden - and because you're not familiar with the tool - you won't even know whats hidden/cut off (of course you can enlarge that dialog box, but you won't KNOW or remember to do that all the time). Tahoma 14/15 might be a better size (yes, more tiny).

3b) Eclipse doesn't work on Big Sur correctly. Catalina is fine. Bruce can address that if thats an issue for you.

Don't know about your experience level, but theres HUNDREDS of years of programming/tool development amongst the regular users here- yes, we have some issues with Aware but we're here using this tool because its pretty fast and allows us to do a lot. Because the end-user UI uses the Kendo grid system, you can't make as pretty of screens as you can with a tool thats making native Desktop screens. Once you learn the "Aware way" of doing things, it allows even less-technical users to accomplish lots of things.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL