User Defined Document

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jhstephenson

User Defined Document

Post by Jhstephenson »

I am missing something.

I am trying to create a Client Letter from a User Defined Document template.

I have the User Defined Document BO setup with the default attributes and have created several template records.

When I put a button on the Client form that does a Create Document, the documentation indicates their should be a check box that says something to the effect of “user defined document” , but all it does is require me to select from the list of Document templates and reports that I have specifically defined, not the templates listed User Defined Documents BO. There is never a checkbox as it says there should be.

Is there a better example of how to do this someplace?
aware_support

Re: User Defined Document

Post by aware_support »

"When I put a button on the Client form that does a Create Document, the documentation indicates their should be a check box that says something to the effect of “user defined document”"

Where exactly does it say that?

The user is supposed to create instances of the User Defined Document object and upload documents into each instance. If the name of the document as defined in the instance of the User Defined Document is the same as the name of the document template you have defined in your configuration, then the document defined by the user will REPLACE the document that you have defined in your configuration. It should happen automatically wherever you create a document using this document template without you or user having to tick anything.
Aware IM Support Team
Jhstephenson

Post by Jhstephenson »

See the bold/underline sentence below:

There are three ways for the user to run their document templates:

1. Configurators may define a command of the Create Document type in their visual perspective. When specifying this command they can tick the “User Defined Documents” checkbox. When users select this command Aware IM will automatically collect all instances of the user defined document object and present the choice to the users, so that they can choose the document template they want to run.

2. Configurators may define an operation of the Create Document type for their queries or object forms (see Adding/Editing Form Menu and Adding/Editing Queries). If a configurator allows a choice of documents to run for the operation and ticks the “user defined document” checkbox Aware IM will display a choice of user-defined documents when the user selects the operation.

3. Define a process that uses the DISPLAY DOCUMENT UserDefDoc.UDD_Name action
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

I see. The documentation is obsolete and will be fixed. Please watch the video tutorial on our web site about User Defined Documents instead
Aware IM Support Team