Save form on Enter

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
JoshK131

Save form on Enter

Post by JoshK131 »

Hello,

In a form that gets displayed in a new tab the default save button is set and with a process that runs after save, and "close form on save" is not selected.

When the user presses [ENTER] the form should save so the process can run.

Using javascript seemed like a possible way to do it so the below js script was attempted in the initialization script of the form.
The id of the save button was set to "calculate".

Code: Select all

$(this).on('keypress', function(event) {
console.log("qwe");
    if (event.keyCode === 13) {
        event.preventDefault();
        $( "#calculate" ).trigger( "click" );
    }
});
How can this problem be solved?

Aware IM Build 2832
Jaymer

Re: Save form on Enter

Post by Jaymer »

Well, its debatable if/or not a Form in a Tab SHOULD "do something" when the user presses <Enter> on a data field

You may not know that if you want this behavior, thats how a Popup window works - and that might solve your issue.
Problem with that is Combo Boxes - because if a user, when arriving on a combo, types some data, arrows to a selection AND THEN presses Enter (thinking he is selecting that option), the Form wants to close (cause its a popup and thats what they do)

In either case, the user can tab into the [Save] button - and use the keyboard. I press a <space> because there once was a Kendo bug where you pushed <enter> on the save button and TWO events went to Aware and the record was saved/created TWICE.

But I don't know how to do what you ask.
J
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Try using CTRL/ENTER to save the form
Aware IM Support Team
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

That works for me. Fooled me at first. Doesn't work unless the cursor is parked on a field (which is fine).
Thats a great shortcut!
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
JoshK131

Post by JoshK131 »

Amazing! Thank you very much