[Solved] Getting images into a Google container

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

[Solved] Getting images into a Google container

Post by Jaymer »

If I already am storing images in the File System, whats the easy way to push them into a Google container (and get the URL address)?
It would be nice to NOT have to mess with OAUTH2 for many users that may need to get company images (inventory, for example) into storage.
Would be nice if a server process could do this without users having to see login dialog boxes... and maybe I don't want many users to be given access to the container!

Doesn't matter to me really where these are stored on the cloud. (AWS, google, etc.)
I'm just trying to put them somewhere where they can be seen outside of Aware via a URL.
Last edited by Jaymer on Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
hpl123

Re: How? Getting images into a Google container

Post by hpl123 »

If you are storing the images under Tomcat, you can access them directly from the web e.g "http://myserver.com:8080/AwareIM/myimagefile.png". Another way to go is using another webserver like IIS on the same or another machine which would work in the same way i.e the file is placed in a folder and files in that folder can be accessed from the web e.g "http://myserver.com/myimagefile.png".
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
Jaymer

Re: How? Getting images into a Google container

Post by Jaymer »

the answer to this is: gsutil
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL