DISCUSSION: Incoming Emails and Emails SENT "on behalf of"

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

DISCUSSION: Incoming Emails and Emails SENT "on behalf of"

Post by Jaymer »

Some of you may not know this, and I only recently found this out cause it was never an issue.
So I hope a few will pitch in on how you are handling this.

SENDING
Aware needs to send an email.
You create a "system" email account using whatever email system you use. Set up the Mail Server details. Works. All good.

Now, you'd like to specify a ReplyTo address because if someone replies (manually OR an auto Out of Office msg) you don't want it going to the "system" email account... no employee is checking that. This can easily be done. And generally, I think this is ok for system/automatic/status update emails.

So lets consider a CRM.
The account rep really wants the email to be sent from HIS acct. Not a generic "[email protected]" account.
In "just Aware", this would require a user to enter his email credentials INSIDE an Aware Form - it would be stored in the db. Are users REALLY going to give a system their email pw?
There's an easy way -- you can google "email on behalf of office 365". (GMail and MS allow this in 2 diff. ways.)

OK, so now you've set that up. Consider when a Sales Rep might be on vacation. If all the Emails were in Aware, then ANY employee could handle a sales/support issue. But if we're sending Outgoing "on behalf of", then replies and future conversations are "outside of Aware" and not easily viewable in the CRM.

HOW DO YOU GUYS HANDLE THIS?

WHAT ARE THE ISSUES WITH AWARE GETTING INCOMING MAIL?
Recent improvements to Aware's email handling have filled in some gaps. Is it enough? Does it work?
I recently discovered (only by seeing the System Output window) that my incoming message field length isn't large enough and there's been an BIG email trying to import for weeks - but every 5 minutes the system says it will be truncated, so it aborts and tries again in 5 mins.

While not 100%, you can at least check the incoming "from" address and try to match it up to a contact's email - and attach the incoming document to the contact.
And if you make them "not touch" the subject line, you should have luck attaching the incoming reply to a specific quote/ticket/sale/etc.

IS ANYONE DOING THIS 100% RELIABLY IN AWARE?

thx
Jaymer...
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL