Aware in iframe?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

Re: Aware in iframe?

Post by Jaymer »

Am not affil. with that at all anymore - have no connection.
One concern I've always had is with session resources.
I'm not sure what Aware allocates internally for a session - because if I've set my timeout to 5 hours for users (so they don't walk away from their desk and get logged out), then for each of these temp users that hits the iframe, those same resources are in use for 5 hours also.
It may be nothing - dunno.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

Jaymer wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:58 pm One concern I've always had is with session resources.
I'm not sure what Aware allocates internally for a session - because if I've set my timeout to 5 hours for users (so they don't walk away from their desk and get logged out), then for each of these temp users that hits the iframe, those same resources are in use for 5 hours also.
Very good point, support any comments on this?
Last edited by hpl123 on Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

Jaymer wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:58 pm One concern I've always had is with session resources.
At initial glance it looks like you are right: https://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic ... 177#p55177 . Tomcat might work some magic in the background so this isn´t a problem though as it would kind of be strange if it didn´t. I mean if it worked like that it would cause problems in most applications.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)