Exit process-abort process

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
swiftinitpvtltd

Exit process-abort process

Post by swiftinitpvtltd »

I have a process with 20 steps in it with many formulas and excel like calculations.
I want to abort at 2nd or 3rd rule step in that process if there is an error or one column is empty. How do I abort process without writing if in each subsequent rules.

Rule1
Rule2
Rule3- abort/exit process if bo.column1 is empty(but not report error-only abort this process as some other process calls this- do not want to stop other subsequent processes)
Rule20
nhofkes

Re: Exit process-abort process

Post by nhofkes »

Starting from version 8.5, you can use the END_PROCESS action (page 401 of the user guide).
Niels
(V9.0 build 3241 - MariaDB - Windows)
PointsWell

Re: Exit process-abort process

Post by PointsWell »

Generally I find that if I am having difficulty ending a process then it is because I am trying to achieve too much in one process and elements should have been dropped to a sub process via an IF THEN statement.

Personally I have not had a need for the end process function in 8.5 but I prefer to have short processes with multiple levels rather than one flat process as it reduces the number of conditions being checked and reduces their complexity.

It sounds like you have 1..n rules running sequentially when they should be nested

Rule 1 IF condition is true THEN Rule 2
Rule 2 IF condition is true THEN Rule 3

If Rule n passes then it goes to Rule m and if it doesn’t then the process comes to a clean stop and commits all the changes. That way you don’t need an escape to the process and you won’t forget the end process is in place later.