Reports versus Document Templates

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jhstephenson

Reports versus Document Templates

Post by Jhstephenson »

I need to be able to print either a report or create a document from a template that brings in some large text attributes that are entered as HTML. These attributes might have items in bold, colored, outlined, indented, etc... Basically all of the things you could possibly do when using the HTML editor on a text field.

Regardless of whether I use just a plain Report Document, or create the document from a Word Template, these attributes are output showing the HTML tags that are used when formatting text. i.e. If you highlight something as bold the created document shows <strong>Text output</strong>.

How can I get them to be output as they are formatted when using either a Report or Document Template?

I have played with using an HTML template and they do come across there as they are formatted. But defining a complicated Permit (Which is what this app does) as an HTML Template seems to be a royal pain in the backside.

Any other ideas?
aware_support

Re: Reports versus Document Templates

Post by aware_support »

In reports you can use these expressions:

<<SomeObject.AttributeThatHoldsHtml,html>>

By adding ,html you are forcing to display the resulting value of the expression as HTML
Aware IM Support Team
Jhstephenson

Post by Jhstephenson »

I tried that. It does not handle word wrapping at all. It creates one long string, that chops off when it reaches the width of the page, unless there is a hard CR at the end of each line.

So something like this, as seen on the screen:
This permit is to be used for the operation and use of an individual on-site sewage disposal system
and is required by WAC 246-272A.

Becomes this:
This permit is to be used for the operation and use of an individual on-site sewage disposal system

And this:
In order to operate and use this OSS, the owner accepts responsibility for operating,
monitoring and maintaining the system to minimize the risk of failure. In accordance with WAC
246-272A-0270, the owner is responsible for obtaining approval from Asotin County Health
District before repairing, altering or expanding an OSS. The owner shall assure a complete
evaluation of the system components at least once every three years. The owner is expected to
employ an approved pumper to remove septage from the tank every 3 to 5 years or sooner if
necessary. At the time of property transfer, the homeowner shall provide to the buyer all
available maintenance records, in addition to the completed seller disclosure statement in
accordance with chapter 64.06 RCW for residential real property transfers.

Failure to meet the conditions of this permit, WAC-246-272A, or local regulations
may cause this permit to be revoked.

OSS FINAL INSPECTION DATE NOT TO EXCEED CONSTRUCTION PERMIT EXPIRATION DATE.

Becomes this:
In order to operate and use this OSS, the owner accepts responsibility for operating, monitoring and
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

is the field set to stretchable ?
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
Jhstephenson

Post by Jhstephenson »

Yes it is.