multi server multi client deployment

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
swiftinitpvtltd

multi server multi client deployment

Post by swiftinitpvtltd »

How do we redirect
1-10 clients users to server A-same bsv
10-20 clients users to server B-same bsv
and so on...

and clients hitting myproject.com and redirect them to server a or server b or server c all having tomcat and aware installed.
In IIS there is a load balancer rules, not sure how it works in tomcat. Has anybody scaled app after 10 clients to redirect users to server B-everything identical except server is different and db is on new server(so client 10 to 20 hit serverb, clients 20 to 30 hit server c)
or

Do we have to create 3 URL's for 3 different servers? or 4 or 5 if we get 50 clients 50/10=5 url's
hpl123

Re: multi server multi client deployment

Post by hpl123 »

I would also be interested in hearing some details on how this is done from someone who has done it.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
bssxfire8

Post by bssxfire8 »

swiftinitpvtltd wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:35 am How do we redirect
and so on...

and clients hitting myproject.com and redirect them to server a or server b or server c all having tomcat and aware installed.
In IIS there is a load balancer rules, not sure how it works in tomcat. Has anybody scaled app after 10 clients to redirect users to server B-everything identical except server is different and db is on new server(so client 10 to 20 hit serverb, clients 20 to 30 hit server c)
or

Do we have to create 3 URL's for 3 different servers? or 4 or 5 if we get 50 clients 50/10=5 url's
I have a multi-server/load balancing setup for a customer.
My setup:
  • 1 load balancing hardware appliance
  • 1 MSSQL Server
  • 2 servers both with a separate license of Aware
    1. I had to pay for a second server license but did not have to pay for any add on software from Aware (SQL Server licensing, Mobile Support licensing, etc...)
    2. I setup and pointed my primary Aware server to my SQL instance like a normal Aware install when using SQL.
    3. I installed Aware on the additional server after the primary server was setup and running correctly and pointed it to the same SQL instance as the primary.
    4. At this point when you try and start the additional server it will give you a license error and you have to work with Vlad to configure the setup.
    5. A load balancer is needed whether it is a piece of hardware or software because aware does not do it natively.
      • With the load balancer you just setup your domain: myproject.com the same as you would with one server but you would point the domain towards your load balancer instead of directly to your Aware server and it will distribute your users to whichever server it sees best fit based off of your configuration settings.
      • I have my load balancer setup to send traffic to my two servers in a weighted round-robin with a 2-1 weight where it alternates sending one user to my additional server for every 2 users it sends to my primary (un-weighted it will send every other user to the additional server)
      • Each load balancer will probably have different options on how it can be configured but mine allows round-robin (described above) or an option to send to the server that has the least connections.
swiftinitpvtltd

Post by swiftinitpvtltd »

Thank you! I think windows 2016 and 19 servers have load balancer steps-long steps to configure it. I will have to try it out. Thanks again.
RLJB

Post by RLJB »

Hey bssxfire8 - that's cool, nice work
Rod. Aware 8.6 (latest build), Developer Edition, on OS Linux (Ubuntu) using GUI hosted on AWS EC2, MYSQL on AWS RDS
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

bssxfire8 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:12 pm
swiftinitpvtltd wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:35 am How do we redirect
and so on...

or

I have a multi-server/load balancing setup for a customer.
My setup:
  • 1 load balancing hardware appliance
  • 1 MSSQL Server
  • 2 servers both with a separate license of Aware
    1. I had to pay for a second server license but did not have to pay for any add on software from Aware (SQL Server licensing, Mobile Support licensing, etc...)
    2. I setup and pointed my primary Aware server to my SQL instance like a normal Aware install when using SQL.
    3. I installed Aware on the additional server after the primary server was setup and running correctly and pointed it to the same SQL instance as the primary.
    4. At this point when you try and start the additional server it will give you a license error and you have to work with Vlad to configure the setup.
    5. A load balancer is needed whether it is a piece of hardware or software because aware does not do it natively.
      • With the load balancer you just setup your domain: myproject.com the same as you would with one server but you would point the domain towards your load balancer instead of directly to your Aware server and it will distribute your users to whichever server it sees best fit based off of your configuration settings.
      • I have my load balancer setup to send traffic to my two servers in a weighted round-robin with a 2-1 weight where it alternates sending one user to my additional server for every 2 users it sends to my primary (un-weighted it will send every other user to the additional server)
      • Each load balancer will probably have different options on how it can be configured but mine allows round-robin (described above) or an option to send to the server that has the least connections.
Do you have some way of monitoring concurrent users, load etc. on each of these servers? What happens if one of the servers are full / overloaded?
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)