Some records or attributes refuse to display on reports

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
kklosson

Some records or attributes refuse to display on reports

Post by kklosson »

I am pretty good with reports. My most complex report is a master report with about 30 sub reports, many of which have their own sub reports. Things have always worked well. Lately, I have had two issues, each issue is occurring on the same AwareIM platform build (2721) and the same BSV, but on different servers. One is self-hosted by the customer.

Both of these problems involve the large report described above.

First problem: The report does not preset two sub reports for a certain parent record. I confirm the data is solid and the relationships are good. Other records display the sub reports perfectly.

Second problem: For one parent record and several of its child records, many, but not all address attributes simply do not display. The address attribute is an expression that combines all address items. When printing for other records, they display normally. I looked directly at the database record to ensure the data was there, and it is.

These problems are unfixable in the BSV and logging is inadequate to determine anything.
I will except your wildest suggestions.
Thanks
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit
Jaymer

Re: Some records or attributes refuse to display on reports

Post by Jaymer »

I recently had something very odd happen on 8.4

I have a business object group of child records subordinate to a parent customer.
While on a customer, I can go to a tab that shows “transactions”. Clicking on one
Is supposed to show a detail form of that bo.
99.99% of rows have always worked, this week, clicking on 1 specific record throws this error:

Connection failure status: parsererror

Very odd. I’ve viewed the data in SSMS and compared to records that work fine and see no issues in the data.

I have experienced the lack of logging in reports as well. Very hard to know what records (if any) are being passed to the sub.

On 2nd issue: if you are viewing query results in SSMS, try changing “results to grid” to “results to text” (or whatever it’s called). It will show line feeds/cr , Which do not show up in the grid , And see if the addresses still look formatted correctly
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL