FR: Stay logged in

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
hpl123

FR: Stay logged in

Post by hpl123 »

Hi support,
This is a feature request to implement some type of stay logged in feature i.e something a user can check/select and then when opening the browser login page, the user is directly logged into the app until either logging out via a special logout command or uncheck/unselected through the settings in some way. Ideally, the user could also select some period e.g stay logged in for 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, indefinately etc..

This is most needed for mobile apps but would also be useful for desktop.

Is this already possible today or has anyone acheived this in some hack/custom way, please do tell :).
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
Jaymer

Re: FR: Stay logged in

Post by Jaymer »

You can easily create a desktop shortcut, or a bookmark in the browser that automatically logs you in. Using the -e encrypted option to login with a specific user ID and password.
The user then never has to enter their ID and password again.
If They change the password, you have to have a function that emails the new link or can just display it on the screen so they can copy into the shortcut.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
hpl123

Re: FR: Stay logged in

Post by hpl123 »

Jaymer wrote:You can easily create a desktop shortcut, or a bookmark in the browser that automatically logs you in. Using the -e encrypted option to login with a specific user ID and password.
The user then never has to enter their ID and password again.
If They change the password, you have to have a function that emails the new link or can just display it on the screen so they can copy into the shortcut.
I use this extensively already and is not the same thing. Having a proper stay logged in feature would simplify working a lot / often with an app (especially on mobile) and sure it is not as secure but is a acceptable tradeoff I think. On mobile, I also use app icons etc. for the login page url and doesn't work with a custom URL like the one we get with e functionality.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)