Reference List - number of items in combo box before scroll

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
tford

Reference List - number of items in combo box before scroll

Post by tford »

Is there a way to get more than 6 items to show in a combo box list before you have to scroll?
Reference List size.png
Reference List size.png (7.31 KiB) Viewed 3742 times
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
Jaymer

Re: Reference List - number of items in combo box before scr

Post by Jaymer »

I have used JavaScript to make that Combo window taller. Setting in the render script or init script. U could also change the CSS deep inside so that those items are more tightly spaced.
(Since I had to specify an ID number of the field, and aware likes to generate its own unique ID numbers, it creates a problem if you open multiple tabs of the same type of BO. It’s only a problem in this situation. If you have a row operation that opens a form in a new tab, then it’s possible to open a tab to view customer A. And then tab back to your grid. And then do another row operation to view customer B. Since you overrode those row IDs so that you could find that combo box to change its height, then Aware gets confused because it has no longer has unique ID numbers for its controls. Weird, obscure, but yes it can be a problem. I have a post on this problem and will link to it later.)

So yes it is possible to do exactly what you want, with potential issues.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
tford

Post by tford »

Thanks Jaymer! I appreciate the tip & warning about issues as well.

I think I'm going to have to steer clear of it.

Sure would be nice if this was a setting in the Config Tool :D
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

I have never tried it, but maybe there’s a way to do a style / class just on that combo box. Defined on the field on the form.
I’ve always just done it in the window script so I do not know if this work.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL