Saving and Downloading XML File

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
customaware

Saving and Downloading XML File

Post by customaware »

I have an app where I need to generate an XML file. Then save that generated file to a Document Attribute in a BO. Then I need a way for the user to download it.

Part 1: Generating the XML file.... This is working and I can save it to a specific loaction on the server.
Part 2: I can them use IMPORT DOCUMENT to grab that generated XML file and load it into a BO Attribute.
Part 3: Can anyone suggest a way (other than emailing it) for the User to download it?
Cheers,
Mark
tford

Re: Saving and Downloading XML File

Post by tford »

Hmm .. I used to do that with PDFs I generated in a BSV 10+ years ago. Can't remember the specifics, Mark, but once you have it in a BO attribute can't you just show the attribute on a form and allow the user to download from there?
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
aware_support

Re: Saving and Downloading XML File

Post by aware_support »

If your app does not expose REST services, you need to disable the REST servlet that grabs all calls to XML files.
To do this open the file AwareIM/Tomcat/webapps/AwareIM/web-inf/web.xml

and search for ".xml"

You will find the <servlet-mapping> element for the REST servlet. Delete the entire mapping element and restart Aware IM.
Aware IM Support Team