Return data from a selection list (query) to BO

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
KnightWare

Return data from a selection list (query) to BO

Post by KnightWare »

I have a BO form that has one field for data entry for Employee User ID. To create a drop-down list would be huge, so I thought I would try a search and select. On my form I placed a button that opens a query. That query default operation is to run a process that added the selected row user ID back to the form. Thought this was a way to do it. However, messages pertaining to wanting to cancel pending operation pop up. I'm trying to figure out a better way to look up a value from a query and return it to a BO field. I've even changed form to start the process and added the Display Query so It's all in the process, but still get the messages.
Jaymer

Re: Return data from a selection list (query) to BO

Post by Jaymer »

so what called the original BO Form with the single field? A Process?
If with an EDIT, then its still running, hence the "cancel process" msg.

And if so with an EDIT, I'd think because you have some other stuff you need to do after the data entry is finished?

If so, then you prolly want the single field form to Call a Process on SAVE
to continue your stuff.

so a process kicks off data entry (process A),
then after that is chosen, process B continues to save the chosen data and calls the next step
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
KnightWare

Re: Return data from a selection list (query) to BO

Post by KnightWare »

I'm looking to have a BO open for edit and using a button the form open a query and select a record which then would place a field of that record back to the form. I am opening the form for edit thru a Process (A). However that one field on the form needs to be changed/added from a list of Employee ID's. I thought I could add a button to the form run a Query and the default action on the select of the list would run process B to send the field value of the select back to the form.