best way to automatically backup aware production db nightly

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
swiftinitpvtltd

best way to automatically backup aware production db nightly

Post by swiftinitpvtltd »

Is there any good third party software that can be used to automatically backup aware im app production db nightly or on schedule? Backup needs to be on external cloud or somewhere else out of the server.
customaware

Re: best way to automatically backup aware production db nig

Post by customaware »

On some servers we use Cloudberry Backup.

On other Upcloud servers we use their built in scheduled backup which instantly backs up the entire server.
Cheers,
Mark
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

I use different methods and the most flexible one for Windows is using Navicat for scheduled daily DB backups + Syncback for upload to various cloud services + around the server as/if needed. I also do a nightly full server backup via the hosting company but thinking about dropping it as it´s quite a step fee and with the described method above, I backup all critial things from the server to multiple locations anyways.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
swiftinitpvtltd

Post by swiftinitpvtltd »

Thank you both!
Instant server backup on upcloud looks great!

Regarding syncback is this the software?
https://www.2brightsparks.com/freeware/ ... e-hub.html

SyncBackPro has extended support for Cloud services (Amazon S3™, Google Storage™, Google Drive™, Google Photos™, Microsoft Azure™, Microsoft OneDrive™, OneDrive for Business (Office 365), SharePoint™ (Office 365), Dropbox™, Box, SugarSync™, OpenStack, Backblaze™ B2, OVH™, Egnyte™, hubiC™ and WebDAV), and connects to the SyncBack Management System (SBMS) which makes managing remote backups a whole lot easier and more secure.
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

swiftinitpvtltd wrote:Thank you both!
Instant server backup on upcloud looks great!

Regarding syncback is this the software?
https://www.2brightsparks.com/freeware/ ... e-hub.html

SyncBackPro has extended support for Cloud services (Amazon S3™, Google Storage™, Google Drive™, Google Photos™, Microsoft Azure™, Microsoft OneDrive™, OneDrive for Business (Office 365), SharePoint™ (Office 365), Dropbox™, Box, SugarSync™, OpenStack, Backblaze™ B2, OVH™, Egnyte™, hubiC™ and WebDAV), and connects to the SyncBack Management System (SBMS) which makes managing remote backups a whole lot easier and more secure.
Yes, that is the one and I use the pro version. It is a great backup and file copy tool and not only has upload to various backup services but also to FTP and things like that, around the server + the configuration options when it comes to creating backup schemas, backup options, encrypting backup files etc. etc. are really good. I have used it very reliably for almost 10 years.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)