Ran across Aware's login page on another product

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

Ran across Aware's login page on another product

Post by Jaymer »

So I'm checking out this [crappy] Home Automation tool because I couldn't get HomeAssistant to load on OSX Catalina. So I just needed anything free to see if my new Z-Wave USB hub worked. I installed Domoticz

After I set the [local] webserver password, this came up:
Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 6.14.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 6.14.50 PM.png (23.46 KiB) Viewed 4243 times
I'm like, wtf?
here's the default Aware login.
Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 6.14.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 6.14.56 PM.png (26.01 KiB) Viewed 4243 times
Think about how often you surf the web and find [basically] the exact same login screen used on different websites.
One had to be based off another - its too identical to be 2 random developers making the same screen.
But even "our" login page has weird CSS and code - Lots of extra stuff thats totally unnecessary for a login screen.
And the Page Source is massive - and I can't even figure it out - but the end result is remarkable.

Reminds me of a story...
I was showing Jake Wallace, brother of Codrin (the RanFab guy) one of my systems a while back. I connected to the site to login and Jake said "hold it - what was that - that looks like something I did for RanFab long ago"
And I said "Oh yeah, I stole that Login screen from RanFab." At least 2-3 years ago a cust wanted to upgrade the Login screen since outside peeps were connecting. So i tool the basics, altered the CSS transforms & some colors and its pretty nifty. LOL

PS _ Which, when you think about it, is a gaping black hole of knowledge surrounding Aware Login Screens. We are left to all basically re-create the wheel (and waste time/effort) to just dress up a login for a cust. Depending on how much you want to change it, its def. a bunch of hours down the rabbit hole [for many of us]. But thats another story.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
hpl123

Re: Ran across Aware's login page on another product

Post by hpl123 »

You can use any login form/page you want with Aware. When I started out I customized the existing Aware login page with suboptimal results, now I just find some login page like the following ones and integrate it:
https://themeforest.net/category/site-t ... term=login
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

hpl123 wrote:You can use any login form/page you want with Aware. When I started out I customized the existing Aware login page with suboptimal results, now I just find some login page like the following ones and integrate it:
https://themeforest.net/category/site-t ... term=login
henrik, sure you can use any HTML to simply SUBMIT the FORM DATA.
But there' stuff in there for a returned error msg, and who knows what else - thats my point w.r.t having to roll your own login.
Plus, you have the Logon.html page which gets redirected to the Op.aw version on a failed login.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

You can configure most if not all of these e.g error url etc. so is no real unique thing that I know of specifically and nothing stops you from changing ALL login html pages to your own and/or even configure which html pages should be used e.g in config tool operations etc.. Info about these things and how you do it exist somewhere in the forums.

I always use my own login pages and have no real complaints about it. Maybe the odd Aware error that does something unexpected and throws the user the the loginAdmin page and/but that is replaceable as well so is solvable but no biggie for me.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)