Using Filesystem for Picture types

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
yahya

Using Filesystem for Picture types

Post by yahya »

Being searching the forum, the AwareIM user guides and the AwareIM youtube channel for any kind of tutorial on how to utilise the Filesystem for Picture types.

The current posts that refer to the picture management by filesystem rather than database are more troubleshooting that tutorials.
AwareIM Developer edition. Version 8.5 (Build 2827) running on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
yahya

Re: Using Filesystem for Picture types

Post by yahya »

So when using a Picture in the FileSystem instead of the Database. One needs to know that you have the Picture attribute and then you have the FilePath (Plain Text Attribute), the FilePath attribute needs to contain the whole path aswell as the picture name.

But now why would I be getting this error:

Internal system errorTransaction exception Unable to write document into file system. Exception message C:\AwareIM\Tomcat\webapps\AwareIM\Custom\Images\Library (Access is denied). File path C:\AwareIM\Tomcat\webapps\AwareIM\Custom\Images\Library may be invalid
AwareIM Developer edition. Version 8.5 (Build 2827) running on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
yahya

Re: Using Filesystem for Picture types

Post by yahya »

In terms of that error, initial value.

So I removed what I had in the initial value and created a rule and all is working now.