Aware IM Optimizer - alpha version

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
tilenk

Aware IM Optimizer - alpha version

Post by tilenk »

Hello

I'm new to Aware IM community and excited to see how the new tool will evolve and be helpful to developers, so here is quick intro:

I would like to introduce Aware IM Optimizer tool, analysis tool for Aware IM applications. The main purpose of this tool is to give developers useful features to analyse and fix any problems before the application is released to production/customers.

While Aware IM focuses on delivering state of the art development tool, Aware IM Optimizer will offer additional or extended features that are not the major focus of Aware IM itself, but could still be useful to developers. Not everybody can develop everything, right?

Currently in Alpha version, so looking for developers feedback on usability and features:
- Clean up Unused items - Aware IM Optimizer will list all items (Buiness object, Attribtes, Processes, Queries...) that are defined but not referenced anywhere in the application (yo can delete these as they are just
- Detailed structured view - not only Usages(cross references) but also combined view, such as all Processes, Queries, Icons, Error Messages within selected Busines object
- Global items view - see all occurrences across the whole application of Error Messages, Icons, Input masks, Tooltips
- Review CSS classes - combined views of all used within selected item; check if any oft he CSS classes are misspelled (don't exist in CSS files)
- Spellcheck Error messages and Tooltips
- Warnings
- Disabled rules - list all disabled rules (are they really supposed be disabled or were just temporarily disabled and forgot to be enabled?)
- Fixed paths - Icons, Documents... should references with fixed path (c:\...\icon.jpg) actually use relative path (\images\icon.jpg)?

Download and a quick (3 mins) intro video: http://www.AwareIMOptimizer.com
Currently available only for Windows.

Thank you for any feedback, also wish-list for the future versions. Contact email: [email protected].

Tilen Kordis
hpl123

Re: Aware IM Optimizer - alpha version

Post by hpl123 »

I just found this again, I saw the initial posting when made and then looked for it again but couldn´t find it (didn´t look in announcements).

Awesome stuff, kudos on creating this and I don´t have time to fully dig into this now but definitely will in the future. The one thing I was a bit concerned about is the editing of XML outside of Aware and then importing it again e.g when cleaning up stuff. The XML editing follows XML/Aware standard? so we don´t risk a typo or something destroying the integrity of our applications?

Do you plan on doing continued work on this or other Aware integrations?
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
tilenk

Post by tilenk »

Absolutely, the tool makes valid changes to the xml that AwareIm can import back. It follows all the rules of xml structure as AwareIM creates it.

The current alpha version is doing really well, it was expected to be a lot of work because of so many different application out there, which is hard to imagine during development phase. Performance is being improved, initial problems with importing very large applications are being worked on.

There are a lot of ideas for this tool and always welcome for new suggestions.

As the new updates are coming out quite fast, If you send me an email, I will update you on progress. I don't want to clog this tread.
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

tilenk wrote:Absolutely, the tool makes valid changes to the xml that AwareIm can import back. It follows all the rules of xml structure as AwareIM creates it.

The current alpha version is doing really well, it was expected to be a lot of work because of so many different application out there, which is hard to imagine during development phase. Performance is being improved, initial problems with importing very large applications are being worked on.

There are a lot of ideas for this tool and always welcome for new suggestions.

As the new updates are coming out quite fast, If you send me an email, I will update you on progress. I don't want to clog this tread.
Awesome, looking forward to updates and what else you might do and sending you my email. Thanks
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
chris29

Post by chris29 »

Are there any updates on this tool?
Version 8.5 - Windows using MySql 8 and SQL Server - 64bit