Which features do you want in the next release?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ACDC

Re: Which features do you want in the next release?

Post by ACDC »

Form settings can be copied using a style
Support,
I was referring to Attribute Settings that already reside on a form and not form settings. There is no way you can do this as you have suggested.

Taking a snapshot of an attributes presentation configuration that is form specific and transferring the individual attribute settings back to the attributes default setting on the object is the requirement :)
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

ACDC wrote:
Form settings can be copied using a style
Support,
I was referring to Attribute Settings that already reside on a form and not form settings. There is no way you can do this as you have suggested.

Taking a snapshot of an attributes presentation configuration that is form specific and transferring the individual attribute settings back to the attributes default setting on the object is the requirement :)
It took a few times for me to read the original post on this, because as soon as I heard presentation, but I was thinking “Presentations”.
So for clarity here’s what I think a ACDC is saying.

Lets say I have an order header file, with multiple order lines.
I go into the form for the order header, and I see the grid for the order lines.
And I spend time sizing, coloring, aligning, setting widths, etc., and unfortunately, I did this on the form.
I didn’t do it up in the header as the defaults for the order lines reference.
So my defaults, for inheritance, anytime I go put om_OrderLines somewhere else, is empty.
Yet I spent all this time formatting The grid down in the form.

I think he is saying, He would like to take this complex grid that Was designed down on the form, and use/capture the modifications to the order lines presentation/formatting, and copy those back up to the empty defaults in the order header BO.
Last edited by Jaymer on Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
BobK

Post by BobK »

aware_support wrote:

Code: Select all

The problem is that I need to create a web service that they will consume and part of the URL will be variable (like my account number above).
That does not look possible in the current version of AwarIM.
BobK, why cannot you use "URL must contain string" option in the REST settings of the exposed service?

1) How do you get "URL must contain string" to work? See posting: https://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11545

2) My understanding of "URL must contain string" is that whatever string is entered in the REST Service Settings is what must be in the URL used to call the service. That will not work for me because my application is multi-tenant and the URL used to consume my REST Service will contain the account number of the tenant the incoming data belongs to. In other words, the string could be one of several different values.

I would like to be able to have access to the URL string used to access my REST service. Something like the php $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];
Bob
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

It took a few times for me to read the original post on this, because as soon as I heard presentation, but I was thinking “Presentations”.
So for clarity here’s what I think a ACDC is saying.

Lets say I have an order header file, with multiple order lines.
I go into the form for the order header, and I see the grid for the order lines.
And I spend time sizing, coloring, aligning, setting widths, etc., and unfortunately, I did this on the form.
I didn’t do it up in the header as the defaults for the order lines reference.
So my defaults, for inheritance, anytime I go put om_OrderLines somewhere else, is empty.
Yet I spent all this time formatting The grid down in the form.

I think he is saying, He would like to take this complex grid that Was designed down on the form, and use/capture the modifications to the order lines presentation/formatting, and copy those back up to the empty defaults in the order header BO.
Thanks Jaymer, that's exactly what I was saying, you tell a better story :D
hpl123

Re: Exposure of BSV elements as Read Only objects inside Awa

Post by hpl123 »

PointsWell wrote:
UnionSystems wrote:Exposure of BSV elements as Read Only objects inside AwareIM

Low priority, nice to have if easy for Vlad to deploy....

For example AwareIM Queries could be visible in AwareIM as AIM_Query with attributes Name and Category which would enable the BSV to have a FIND Action like

Code: Select all

FIND AIM_Query WHERE AIM_Query.Category='Admin User'
This would enable dynamically managed control to access certain BSV functionality.

Could also be handy for controlling access to document templates via a AIM_Document object.
Ability to access BO name in processes would be useful too (I want to add the BO name to an unrelated BO and would prefer not to leave that to my typing accuracy).
1+
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
PointsWell

Object Referenced By (Persisted)

Post by PointsWell »

It would be useful to know where an item is used when looking at that item.

For example -
Process - might appear in an operation for a form/query within another query
Query - might appear in a process or a VP

You can obviously find that in a Find References search, but it would aid "why did I build this?" type queries when you look at the object with a blank mind, and would aid the "Can I delete this?" without having to do a search and wait while it returns the object list.

Would be even better if clicking on the object allowed you to open the Object that used it.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 15.14.35.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 15.14.35.png (13.11 KiB) Viewed 539197 times
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

To search for an element use the new (in the latest builds of 8.4) Search Version functionality. It searches absolutely everything, including usage of the element in scripts, HTML etc.

Also check out the "Unused Elements" functionality that displays a list of elements not used anywhere.
Aware IM Support Team
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

AUDIT TRAIL - Privacy - GPDR

START PROCESS (secondary) :- option on all menu types and operations

In terms of privacy laws, GPDR in particular, detailed audit trails must be available at all times.

Using IF NEW, WAS CHANGED and GET CHANGES lets a developer create an audit object to facilitate this to a certain degree, however, the one area which becomes difficult is how do you record “VIEW” events from the menu bar or operation menu. ?

The only way to do this is to embed an Audit rule process into every one of your menu and operation items. This becomes a huge task and does become very cumbersome. (Almost all the menu types become a process)

If we had option on every menu type and operation type, to start a process after or before an item is clicked, we could very easily hook into an Audit object and record the event. Also it would be a very simple and a neat way of handling an audit trail

This concept is already featured in some areas, like clicking on a tab and after a form is saved etc. So would it be too difficult to extend the feature throughout? Please !!!

If this feature was implemented it would be great if the secondary process could capture the object in context and also the menu/operation item description for enhanced record creation and also an option to run Before or After the click
PointsWell

VP Panel Contents Empty Form Option

Post by PointsWell »

When you have a grid that displays a form as the default action there is a period when there is blank space where the form should go. This creates blank space that flashes as the grid gets loaded.
Blank Space
Blank Space
Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 14.48.32.png (17.62 KiB) Viewed 539106 times
From a user consistency point of view that is not very smooth.
Record Selected
Record Selected
Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 14.48.42.png (45.75 KiB) Viewed 539106 times
I would like to present a blank form of the item that is going to be presented there as an option. This would show the space as being occupied and the effect is less jarring on the user.

I have done this before by copying the HTML from the form when it is a browser, but it is a major pain to do and keeping it up to date is not much fun.
customaware

Conditional Row Operation Buttons.

Post by customaware »

Imagine you have some condition attribute for a BO instance ... Like MyBO.State and you want a button on each row to toggle the state...

If MyBO.State='Yes' display this button or
If MyBO.State='No' display this button

At the moment this can only be achieved by consuming 2 columns. One column for each button.

I'd like to see the conditional displaying of buttons in a single column

IF MyBO.State='Yes' THEN
display button [Turn OFF] (with a colored Icon)
ELSE
display button [Turn ON] (with different colored icon)
Cheers,
Mark
UnionSystems

Post by UnionSystems »

Perhaps a way to achieve control of text displayed on grid row buttons this would be if they could have their text defined with <<Object.Attribute>> syntax. Im sure you cannot do this at the moment. You can use <<Object.Attribute>> in text of other buttons but not buttons in a grid row.
AWS Linux, Windows Server, AIM 8.4 & 8.6
customaware

Post by customaware »

It can be done in an Attribute with contained HTML at the moment but it is messy.
Would rather have the capability native in Aware.
Cheers,
Mark
Jaymer

Programmatically control Filters

Post by Jaymer »

Great idea Mark. We could have an entire thread devoted to Grid improvements!
I'd like to be able to put multiple Icons in the same column - so a row could have 3-5 icons for diff. functions, yet all in the same column, instead of 3-5 columns with blank/empty columns.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Jaymer

Change "default" alignment for Grid items

Post by Jaymer »

A simple change would set the column headings of a grid to match the alignment of the data.
Numeric is already right-justified in the grid - yet the column "default" is left. it should match the data.
Likewise with non-alpha items that get centered in the grid - yet the heading is left.
This always causes extra work to adjust.

Jaymer
PointsWell

Default Reference Attribute Layouts

Post by PointsWell »

If you have a reference attribute which you use in multiple places you can define the query externally and reuse it. However, this query just defines the FIND elements, so the columns that you define do not flow through to BO.

Where you have a frequently used reference attribute, e.g. a reference BO for currency, you'd generally like that reference data to be consistent across every BO and form that uses it. At the moment that requires touching every BO that has the reference attribute. Likewise with custom layouts, eg where the drop down looks different from the data being displayed in the field.

It would be a massive timesaver (and make consistent design easier to enforce) if you could define how the reference attribute behaved once eg Query (FIND Currency WHERE (Currency.Active='Yes') have the display value consistently set e.g. Currency.ISO3 and have a common drop down layout e.g. {ISO3} - {Symbol} {Name}. It's sort of halfway there at the moment, but it would be handy if it was all in one place.