the Problem with Attachm. stored in FS is the path...

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

the Problem with Attachm. stored in FS is the path...

Post by Jaymer »

Still having some issues with Attachments stored in the FS.

If I create a BO "Outgoing Email" and it has 2 attachments allowed (attach1, attach1_path, attach2, attach2_path), I cannot CREATE NEW or Save the record unless I have a valid path for each attachment... even though at the time I create the record I have NO attachments.

So, you put something in the default value for the Path field that at least will allow the record to be created.

Now, since the new and improved Logger, I can see that the Notification is throwing an error because it cannot load my "bogus" attachment.

I don't know if its OK to allow this error to happen.
Is there a downside to having this happen?
Extra system resources being wasted due to this? dunno

I have a Queue process that sends emails. When it finds something in the Queue, its does a SEND "some notification" to EMAIL_Recipient

In the notification, I have this:
Screen Shot 2019-12-26 at 2.05.20 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-26 at 2.05.20 AM.png (14.22 KiB) Viewed 4722 times
and this:
Screen Shot 2019-12-26 at 2.05.26 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-26 at 2.05.26 AM.png (15.77 KiB) Viewed 4722 times
Neither got rid of the error messages.
Might be a bug that incorrectly evaluates the comparison - but I can't check because the new Logger doesn't log Notification Rules (another Bug).

So for now I'll have to put up with the error - but as Bruce once said about his Customer seeing Aware startup and a bunch of errors flash by "It doesn't give the customer a good feeling seeing 3 errors in the startup log".
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-12-26 at 2.01.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-26 at 2.01.52 AM.png (18.6 KiB) Viewed 4722 times
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL