If you haven't checked out Kanban... you should

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

If you haven't checked out Kanban... you should

Post by Jaymer »

The video is pretty good, but didn't go into 1 area I had an issue with.

Reordering - I added a Seq# field in my table. And then I added it to the display (body) so I could see its value.
1) Aware seems to have an issue if you drag an item to the TOP of the list - a fairly common event if you want to move something to the primo position.
If the item there is already item # 1, then exactly what # is Aware supposed to assign to the new #1 ?
It doesn't know either.

2) If you move something from column 1 to column 2, and drop it in the middle, Aware's numbering routine kicks in.
But the problem is THIS RENUMBERING ONLY FIRES when moving between columns.
If, after moving to column 2, you wish to move this item to the top of the list, I can't get it to go. The renumbering doesn't fire. I can see this because I have a Process selected for movement, but it just doesn't do anything unless its new to the column.
This is a bug IMHO because I'm going to have to train a user that if they want to reorder items IN A COLUMN, they need to move it to another column first, THEN move it back to the column & position they desire.

I'm sure this can be fixed.

I think the video is mandatory - its not obvious what goes where when setting up, but its pretty powerful once you see the video.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL