I changed Visual Pespective but did not reflect it (SOLVED)

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ddumas

I changed Visual Pespective but did not reflect it (SOLVED)

Post by ddumas »

I have an access level called Member and a BO called Member, which is in the SystemUser Object Group. The BO Member is given the default access level of Member. I also created a Visual Perspective called Member with the "Used in Login" set to Member. I then removed all non- administrator functions from the left side menu navigations, saved, and put under test.

I then expected that when I login as any Member, I would see those changes reflected. It was not. Is there some extra step?

Dave
Last edited by ddumas on Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BLOMASKY

Re: I changed a Visual Pespective but it does not reflect ch

Post by BLOMASKY »

did you remove the Member from any existing VP? If you had a main vp with ALL access levels checked, then that might be overriding your shiny new VP.

Bruce
ddumas

Re: I changed a Visual Pespective but it does not reflect ch

Post by ddumas »

That fixed it. I changed the Administrator VP and unchecked Member from the Used in Login. But..... I am struggling with why I needed to do that. If I login as a Member, I would have thought (in my feeble mind) that it would have used the members VP.
Dave
BLOMASKY

Re: I changed Visual Pespective but did not reflect it (SOLV

Post by BLOMASKY »

The fact that the VP has the same name as the access level does not convince Aware to use that one.

Bruce
ddumas

Re: I changed Visual Pespective but did not reflect it (SOLV

Post by ddumas »

Ok, thanks.