How can i check for Signature "really" being updated?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

How can i check for Signature "really" being updated?

Post by Jaymer »

Problem is that a form that uses the signature widget gets updated and saved every time you press save.
A rule like this: IF Cust.Signature WAS CHANGED then pissOff
will fire EVERY time the Cust Form is saved IF THAT SIG FIELD IS ON IT

AND FROM MY TESTING JUST NOW,
it appears that once you've entered something in a Signature field, then
EVERY TIME you save ANY form of that BO, the rule will fire cause it thinks Signature was changed (even if you're on a form that doesn't even touch Signature).
(I know, thats odd)
I've seen the logger indicate the rule is firing because it thinks Signature was changed.

BUSINESS CASE:
I want to have an object get timestamped/e-signed - like a Delivery receipt.

QUESTION:
If I bring up a form (based on a button click) to record the delivery, then even if I don't physically sign the signature pad, it will still save.
Of course, I need to timestamp this event. So now I have a DateDelivered field populated because the rule will fire "Signature was changed".
I can't use "IS NEW" cause the signature is just 1 field of a delivery record - the record is not "New".
So what happens if a user makes an error - and doesn't really sign it, but presses OK.
Normally, you wouldn't allow someone to re-sign it at a later date, so you wouldn't be able to 'deliver it again' to bring up the signature pad a 2nd time.
--> See, there's no way to really see if the thing "got signed" or just left empty.

Anyone else had issues with doing signatures in Aware?
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
ACDC

Re: How can i check for Signature "really" being updated?

Post by ACDC »

I have a similar process, timestamping a signature etc etc . I need to dig deeper and see if it's doing the same thing in the background, but it appears to be working. ( I haven't stress tested it in different scenes, So it could have the same flaw )

Example ( I am using nominal SigFileSize assuming if there is a signature its always going to be greater than 300, it could be smaller)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Object Rule 1
If Invoice.SigFileSize WAS CHANGED AND Invoice.SigFileSize>300 Then
Invoice.SignedDate=CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
Invoice.SigOk='Yes'

ELSE
If Invoice.SigFileSize<300 Then
Invoice.SignedDate=UNDEFINED
Invoice.SigOk='No'
------------------------------------------------

Object Rule 2
If Invoice.SigOk='Yes' Then
PROTECT Invoice.Sig FROM ALL EXCEPT System
------------------------------------------------

If the "signer" wishes to re-sign , then uncheck the SigOk flag (Auto Save Form) positioned below the signature pad, clear signature and sign again
Jaymer

Re: How can i check for Signature "really" being updated?

Post by Jaymer »

Thank you, this helps a lot. I used the size to test from a empty signature to completed it signature. It works fine.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL