Top Toolbar Widget dissapearing when using Anchor Tags

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Pomegranate

Top Toolbar Widget dissapearing when using Anchor Tags

Post by Pomegranate »

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to bring up a record on a long list of queries by using an anchor tag on button href links.

Everything works fine, except the Top Bar Toolbar Widget disappears whenever I click on a link. I even used javascript's scrollIntoView with the same results. Has anyone else used anchor tags in AwareIM before? What were the results?

The top bar seems to have a fixed position so it stays on the screen when scrolling down, this is the main issue and I have tried many different things on the CSS and got nowhere, my only assumption is that a javascript function somewhere is running behind the scenes to position the top bar, so I'm kind of stuck at the moment.
Jaymer

Re: Top Toolbar Widget dissapearing when using Anchor Tags

Post by Jaymer »

K,
did you notice when you clicked on a Pickup/Delivery on my system, (which was a custom layout), that the record you clicked on goes invisible when a window comes up in front.
Its hard to see - you need to click on the body of a pickup/deliv record, and before the Scheduler comes up, you'll see the text you clicked on disappear.
(When the scheduler comes up, just close with window and you can repeat this until you see it)

It was more prevalent when I was using a popup (vs. the VP now opens in a new tab) because what was under your mouse disappears. Seems related in a roundabout way.
If you want, I could modify that to bring up a popup so you can get a good look at the disappeared text. No, its not a Menu going away, but it IS something disappearing when clicking on a A HREF
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
Pomegranate

Post by Pomegranate »

Thanks Jaymer,

I noticed that my issue is not something disappearing outright, but the top toolbar widget is getting pushed to the top of the screen and gets out of bound and view. I forcefully changed the position in the inspector and was able to get my menu back, so I'm trying to write something that changes the top toolbar's position each time the anchor tag is clicked.
Pomegranate

Post by Pomegranate »

Figured it out! :D

The culprits were

#aw_mobile_popup & #aw_about_window