The *OFFICIAL* Fall 2019 WISH LIST is here !!!!!!!

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
karelh

Re: The *OFFICIAL* Fall 2019 WISH LIST is here !!!!!!!

Post by karelh »

1. The ability to automatically size query grid column widths OR to set a percentage instead of an actual column size value.
2. Official support for MySQL 8 including MySQL 8 cluster environments.

tford

Post by tford »

your request for publishing improvements can/should be implemented as a special plugin
Support -- I'm curious why you say this should be implemented as a plugin.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
PointsWell

Consistent Font Styling Options

Post by PointsWell »

The current font styling for grids is:
Font Styling
Font Styling
Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 14.11.06.png (65.16 KiB) Viewed 17008 times
Drop down for Regular, Bold, Italic

A checkbox for underline

CSS for strikethrough

Please add Strikethrough as a styling option - using CSS to achieve this is fragmentary and inconsistent.
weblike

Post by weblike »

1. Integration with Jasper Reports Server

P.S. What is the list of new features in next version & when it will be released?
Thx,
George
DB: MySql 5.6.42
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Code: Select all

Support -- I'm curious why you say this should be implemented as a plugin.
It's a bit hard to explain. The requested improvements operate at a level that is above the Configuration Tool (such as publishing programmatically), so it has to be outside the Configuration Tool - the rules that dictate what to do with the BSV can not be part of the BSV. It can be activated through a browser, but it's a lot of additional work. And the programmatic interface to publishing already exists, so a plugin is a relatively easy solution.

Code: Select all

P.S. What is the list of new features in next version & when it will be released?
The focus of the version will be predominately a list of little things that make the difference. Among relatively big features will be native support for Postgre SQL, Preview of a report in the Report Designer, support for barcodes and QR codes in the Report Designer. At this stage we are planning to release the version in late October.
Aware IM Support Team
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

Add functionality in the report writer to recognise.SVG images in the same way as it does with jpeg files when referred to them via a picture attribute.

WHY ?
This would allow the embedding of clear and non-pixelated images into a report such as an Excel Spreadsheet converted to a .SVG image. Also converting a PDF document to an SVG image and then embedding the document image into the report provides more dynamic and versatile report design setup, not to mention external charting applications

Also when inserting an image onto a form, using a .svg image as opposed to a jpeg, makes it resizable and crispy clear at all times. Being able to refer to this image in a report would really really be nice
weblike

Post by weblike »

Bring back the feature of a Standard Menu (in Visual Perspectives) to have Header/Footer (html format) like the other options(Panel Bar, Tree menu, Plain List)
2019-09-21_0653.png
2019-09-21_0653.png (9.04 KiB) Viewed 16961 times
Thx,
George
Jaymer

Using Percent to Define Grid Widths

Post by Jaymer »

karelh wrote:1. The ability to automatically size query grid column widths OR to set a percentage instead of an actual column size value.
OMG!
I wonder how many people want this?
I've been saying this for at least 1.5 years (though maybe only saying it to myself).

When you design a "big" grid (ie. not just a 3-4 column grid in a child reference table inside a form) with 7-20 columns, you have "important" columns and less important columns.
The CustomerName column is kinda important, and if you make it a hardcoded 175px, then it never shrinks, wasting room when you resize window.
And if you don't specify a width, then its the same "default" width as an InvoiceAmt, for example.
I think its very important to give some "weight" to columns so it is remembered as you change screen size.
CustName 10%
InvDate 3%
InvAmt 3%
That way the Custname is always 3 times bigger than the Invoice fields.
It may start out being 300px wide, but will shrink always in proportion to other fields around it.

I dunno. This may not even be the right way to do it.
And maybe I'm doing Grids all wrong.
I just know if I don't specify a width, then its not usable (cause all columns are same width).
And if I specify ALL Widths then it doesn't look correct on smaller window.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
chris29

Styling -Colours

Post by chris29 »

Rather than hard coded colours, which is always a problem when the user changes the theme, Provide the option to use themes css eg .k-notification-info, .k-notification-error, .k-notification-series1 etc....

https://demos.telerik.com/jsp-ui/themebuilder/
Screenshot 2019-09-22 16.28.04.png
Screenshot 2019-09-22 16.28.04.png (159.57 KiB) Viewed 16937 times
Version 8.5 - Windows using MySql 8 and SQL Server - 64bit
Jaymer

New Image Func: DPI

Post by Jaymer »

Today I noticed some large photos uploaded into a system. larger than usual.
Turns out these were from a user with a Ipad Pro, which takes 96dpi images.
Similar pics from a phone come in at 72dpi.

A RULE normally resizes incoming images - and these Ipad images HAD BEEN reduced by 1/3, like all other images.
But the 96dpi is making them larger.

IF, along with HEIGHT & WIDTH, that library offered DPI, then more intelligence can be added to reduce these images by 1/4, instead of the normal 1/3.

With cameras always improving, there might be something that surpasses the 96dpi out there... and most likely in the future. Having this extra piece of data can be beneficial. thanks
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
PointsWell

Process Name Size Limit

Post by PointsWell »

There is a limit to the number of characters in a process name. Unfortunately the Config Tool Name field does not tell you when you have too long a name. The only way to find out is when you run the process and it fails when the process name is too large to take into the running process table.

Please add either a x of y character counter or report error on save when the length is too long
chris29

Process Name Size Limit

Post by chris29 »

Pointswell, increase the size for PROCNAME to varchar(200) for example on execution_contexts also LONGDATA change to a longblob
Version 8.5 - Windows using MySql 8 and SQL Server - 64bit
PointsWell

Re: Process Name Size Limit

Post by PointsWell »

chris29 wrote:Pointswell, increase the size for PROCNAME to varchar(200) for example on execution_contexts also LONGDATA change to a longblob
Thanks - that's handy to know and create a fix, I'll give that a bash. Initial request would still help new users.
PointsWell

Query Grouping By Multiple Levels

Post by PointsWell »

It's possible to do it by javascript but it is a faff. Would like easier access to grouping settings generally via the Config Tool
weblike

Post by weblike »

Regarding this ticket: https://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10353

Possibility to display/customize a tooltip with "html/css" & add any attribute from BO(by selecting like we select which columns to display) -> easy & awesome look.(https://freefrontend.com/css-tooltips/)
Thx,
George