Document Scanning from within Aware

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jhstephenson

Document Scanning from within Aware

Post by Jhstephenson »

We have been asked to integrate document scanning directly into an Aware app. Right now in the app the client is using they scan documents outside of app and then go link a document BO to the saved TIFF.

I am wondering what is being done right now by any of you that have faced that.

One of the possible uses for this also would be to merge a report with an existing TIFF image.

Thanks,
Jim
BenchmarkDan

Re: Document Scanning from within Aware

Post by BenchmarkDan »

Hi Jim,

In the near future, I will have this need as well.

I have used Dynamic Web Twain in an non AwareIM web project. Think I used them in a old foxpro project as well - but not sure of the vendor.
Quite pleased, good support, reasonable price.

I will go back and review the web project and refresh my memory. I can tell you we used multi-page scanners and it worked well.
Dan

Re: Document Scanning from within Aware

Post by ACDC »

We have an AIM based document management system using Dynamic Web Twain

We use a custom built plug-in and it works flawlessly.

Instead of scanning and uploading from the file system using the AIM file upload process , the user scans directly onto the form. We place a scan button on the form, when the user clicks the button it initiates the scan process resulting in a pop up dialogue with the scanner. The user can manipulate the scanned documents in the dialogue box and then press submit for the upload to the AIM server and attachment to the Document object .

Scanning directly onto the form simplifies the process of scanning images to the server. It also ensures the correct image is uploaded, sometimes when using the file upload method its possible that the user uploads the incorrect file.

However , the current plug-in is outdated and needs to be upgraded to the new Dyn Web Twain version, so if you are keen to chip in for the plug-in upgrade let me know.