Passing filtered query items to a process

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
tford

Passing filtered query items to a process

Post by tford »

I have a multi-page query that includes filters. I would like to add an operation to the query to pass all of the FILTERED instances showing on all pages of the query to a process.

Obviously I can go page by page & select the items, then select an operation, but I would like to make it seamless for the user.

Any ideas?

What I'm NOT looking for:
- answers that don't address the filtered aspect
- using your own filters stored in LoggedInRegularUser. I already know I can (and currently do) accomplish my goal this way, but I want to do it with built in filters as well.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
Jaymer

Re: Passing filtered query items to a process

Post by Jaymer »

(This is about a regular Aware Query, with Filtering Allowed. How to get the Filtered data set to a process?)

ok, so i see 3 ways to get data from a Query to "the next stage":
a) export to PDF
b) export to CSV
these are handled by JS functions/subroutines (i believe)

c) Panel Operation - Start Process - Applicable to Multiple Items
The annoying part to #c is that when filtered recs span Kendo Grid Pages, you have to step thru each Page to select (which is what Tom stated he doesn't want to do).
If a change could be made to Kendo (and maybe there's already an option internally to do this) to select the ENTIRE context when clicking the "master checkbox" above the column, then this would make you not have to go to each page (which is a non-starter - no one will ever make that work 100% of the time).

Maybe a simple JS BUTTON could be done IN FRONT Panel Operation button - the user clicks the "Select All" button (which is a JS stub) and then clicks the next "Process Recs" Aware process button.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL