Mobile Map Questions

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Markfre1

Mobile Map Questions

Post by Markfre1 »

On the map I have a fixed location, and also the logged in user ( or guests) location. When I show the map, I need to show the person moving (basically towards the fixed location).

FIXED LOCATION: THIS WORKS: Query with ‘Set’ button calls process below. So one time we walk by each fixed location and hit set on the appropriate query FixedMarker.

CREATE MGeoLocation WITH MGeoLocation.HighAccuracy='Yes'
FixedMarker.Location=MGeoLocation
MOBILE GET LOCATION INTO FixedMarker.Location

PROBLEM: Need users movement toward fixed location:

I tried a background 'process' to update the location and to refresh the screen. It looks like nothing happens until I save the form. Also, I’m wondering if there is a way to trigger a refresh, in only when on certain form, and even better, just on the mobile map tab?

My process is:

CREATE MGeoLocation
MOBILE GET LOCATION INTO MGeoLocation (not sure I need this)
MOBILE START LOCATION WATCH INTO MGeoLocation

My assumption is that I don’t need to put this in an object like the fixed location. This should just be the persons moving location whether they are logged in, guest, etc.?

Lastly: Accuracy is not good enough. Any ideas on how to improve it. I am using the HighAccuracy='Yes'

Any help is appreciated. Mark F
Antoine

Re: Mobile Map Questions

Post by Antoine »

Hi MarkFre1,

Have you figured out how to make MOBILE START LOCATION WATCH INTO MGeoLocation work? I only get one record and there is still very little information on the web.

Regards
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

I was able to get this working:
MOBILE GET LOCATION INTO LoggedInTech.Location
I get an initial location record stored when they login.

But never took it any further than that.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
Markfre1

Post by Markfre1 »

Due to all the government PPP changes we have been away from AIM for quite a long time and working in our C/S app since our software handles this. Also we ran into a problem in that the Phonegap build was not allowed for IOS so our app was dead until this new release came out. But we are busy until the end of the year before we can go back to AIM. I'm not sure what we did of resolved it and will look into it the first opportunity I get.
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

Antoine wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:58 pm MOBILE START LOCATION WATCH INTO MGeoLocation:
I only get one record and there is still very little information on the web.
did you get this working?
I can't even get 1 record to go in there - but I'm trying on Beta 8.6
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL