Headers in Word

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Marianne Wyatt

Headers in Word

Post by Marianne Wyatt »

I've created a mail merge in Word and everything works great except the headers in the document. Nothing pulls into them. Do I have to do something different for headers and footers?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Currently Aware IM does not support tags in headers and footers. Can you give me an example of why you need to use tags in headers?

Best Regards
Aware IM Support Team
Marianne Wyatt

Post by Marianne Wyatt »

We are creating a lengthy document (40-50 pages average) that must contain a customer name and a project name at the top of each page.

We will also be creating an inspection type of document that must contain the same information (and also an inspection date) at the top so that if pages get mixed up or lost, the people creating them or looking at them will know where they go.

These Word documents are professional documents that will be given to our users' clients so they need to look professional.

They also need to be done as a Word document, and not a report, because the user needs to edit them even after they are merged. They are pretty much the same each time, but there may be a little bit of editing that needs to be done so they have to be done as a Word document.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

I see. We will try to implement this for you. It may take a few days. I will let you know.

Is this OK?
Aware IM Support Team
Marianne Wyatt

Post by Marianne Wyatt »

Wonderful!!! Thanks! I can wait a few days.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The new functionality is implemented in the latest build (737) which is available on the web site for download. Please check it out.

Aware IM should now support tags not only in the body of the document but also in all other sections - headers, footers, footnotes etc.
Aware IM Support Team
Marianne Wyatt

Post by Marianne Wyatt »

Thanks. I'll work on that today and let you know if there are any problems.
Marianne Wyatt

Post by Marianne Wyatt »

Tried it locally and on the server with build 737 and it didn't work. The rest of the document was fine but the headers didn't pull in.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Would it be possible for you to e-mail your MS Word document to [email protected] ?

Thanks
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

We found the problem and fixed it. The patch will be available shortly.
Aware IM Support Team
4xjbh

Post by 4xjbh »

Aware IM Suppport Team,

Can I just say this kind of support for extra functionallity on the go is excellent to see.

Keep up the good work...come payday I'll be happy to pass on my cash to continue my experience.......
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Build 738 is now available for download on our web site. Hopefully it will fix the problem. We apologize for the problem in the previous build.

Thank you, 4xbh, for your comments - we are just doing our job.

Best Regards
Aware IM Support Team
Marianne Wyatt

Post by Marianne Wyatt »

Thanks. I'll work on it today and let you know. And, I agree with the excellent support. Aware is always more than happy to help provide extra functionality quickly to support us. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again.
Marianne Wyatt

Post by Marianne Wyatt »

I tried build 738 and it still didn't work. I sent a copy of my Word document to support so you can use it to test with. I have about 17 documents (and more to come) that are similar to the one that I sent you but all the headers are pretty much the same. Thanks.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Well, Word proved trickier than we thought. Thanks for the document - it helped find the problem. It is now hopefully fixed for good in build 741 that is available for download.
Aware IM Support Team