Sub Query Brain Fade

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
PointsWell

Sub Query Brain Fade

Post by PointsWell »

I have three BO that are related:

Participation
ContactAgency and
Contact

These have a relationship of
Participation.psContact.psContactAgency.psAgent
Where
psContact is a reference to Contact
psContactAgency is a reference to ContactAgency and
psAgent is a reference to another Contact.

I am trying to find Participations where the Agent is a party. Ordinarily I would just map the path out, but I have had to use a number of different BO Groups and this seems to be causing AIM to get confused, so I thought why not work it out by sub query:

Find me Participations WHERE Participation.psContact.ID=ContactAgency.obContact WHERE ContactAgency.psAgent = LIRU.SavedID.

which gives me a query like this:

Code: Select all

FIND Participant WHERE Participant.psContact.ID=ContactAgency.obContact.ID WHERE EXISTS ContactAgency WHERE (ContactAgency.psPrimaryAgency.ID=LoggedInRegularUser.IDContact)
However if I try to save this I get
Syntax error at token "WHERE" (Column 106) - column 106 is the WHERE EXISTS

I appear to have forgotten how to write sub queries. Can someone assist?
PointsWell

Re: Sub Query Brain Fade

Post by PointsWell »

I have also tried

Code: Select all

FIND WorkParticipant WHERE EXISTS ContactAgencyDetails WHERE (ContactAgencyDetails.psPrimaryAgency.ID=LoggedInRegularUser.IDContact AND ContactAgencyDetails.obContactGroupSeller.ID=WorkParticipant.psContact.ID)
But worryingly it gives an error:
Unknown column "Participant.psContact_RID in 'on clause'

In my example psContact is a link to a BO Group, which is why I have been using IDs not BOs for matching.
Rennur

Post by Rennur »

Form experience, there are limitations / bugs referencing groups in complex query parameters, and I have never managed to fix the "on clause" issue when encountered.
customaware

Post by customaware »

Have your tried....

FIND WorkParticipant WHERE COUNT ContactAgencyDetails WHERE (ContactAgencyDetails.psPrimaryAgency.ID=LoggedInRegularUser.IDContact AND ContactAgencyDetails.obContactGroupSeller.ID=WorkParticipant.psContact.ID)<>0
Cheers,
Mark
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

Just gave that a try Mark and it is providing the same error :(
Last edited by PointsWell on Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
customaware

Post by customaware »

Please try this one....

FIND WorkParticipant WHERE COUNT ContactAgencyDetails WHERE (ContactAgencyDetails.psPrimaryAgency.ID=LoggedInRegularUser.IDContact AND ContactAgencyDetails.obContactGroupSeller = WorkParticipant.psContact)<>0

And DOUBLE check to ensure psPrimaryAgency, obContactGroupSeller and psContact ARE indeed Peer Single and NOT Peer Multiple.
And DOUBLE Check to ensure LoggedInRegularUser.ICContact is a NUMBER type.
And DOUBLE Check to ensure ContactAgencyDetails.obContactGroupSeller is the exact same reference type as WorkParticipant.psContact
Cheers,
Mark
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

eagles9999 wrote:Please try this one....

FIND WorkParticipant WHERE COUNT ContactAgencyDetails WHERE (ContactAgencyDetails.psPrimaryAgency.ID=LoggedInRegularUser.IDContact AND ContactAgencyDetails.obContactGroupSeller = WorkParticipant.psContact)<>0

And DOUBLE check to ensure psPrimaryAgency, obContactGroupSeller and psContact ARE indeed Peer Single and NOT Peer Multiple.
And DOUBLE Check to ensure LoggedInRegularUser.ICContact is a NUMBER type.
And DOUBLE Check to ensure ContactAgencyDetails.obContactGroupSeller is the exact same reference type as WorkParticipant.psContact
Thank you - changing to the Object comparison rather than the ID worked.
BLOMASKY

Why would Object Comparison work and ID not work?

Post by BLOMASKY »

I see that your solution was to compare two objects, NOT two ID fields. My question, isn't that the same?

Bruce
PointsWell

Re: Why would Object Comparison work and ID not work?

Post by PointsWell »

BLOMASKY wrote:I see that your solution was to compare two objects, NOT two ID fields. My question, isn't that the same?

Bruce
I was originally comparing IDs because of changing BO groups across the relationships. Fortunately I had been being consistent with my Bo Groups.

Why it makes a difference I am unsure - I did take a few minutes looking at the two versions and not seeing the difference at first.

It works though so I’m going to move along.