Digital / Electronic Signing of Reports

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
customaware

Digital / Electronic Signing of Reports

Post by customaware »

Does anybody know of a way of integrating the signing of documents into an Aware app.

I know that there is the signature capability already but it seems to me that is more suited to Tablet or Mobile apps whereby Users can sign with their finger.

But what about for the desktop browser with no touch capability. It is silly expecting people to sign with a mouse.

Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome.
Cheers,
Mark
tford

Re: Digital / Electronic Signing of Reports

Post by tford »

I know this isn't likely what you are looking for Mark, but we just have a DigitalSignature attribute where we have the user type their name. We have appropriate wording which our lawyer OK'd which notifies the user that typing their name in this box constitutes a digital signature.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
craigd

Post by craigd »

Assuming that this is an authenticated application. If the user has signed in then they have already authenticated their identity. All the digital signature does is confirm their intent. A 'checkbox' or 'type-your-name' here should be sufficient for that.

(that is just my opinion of course.)

BTW this silly forum logged me out twice while hitting 'submit' (twice)
swiftinitpvtltd

Post by swiftinitpvtltd »

We have successfully written and delivered java/dotnet based utility that merges drawn signature on web based UI with any word document at any place. Multiple signatures are also possible at different places in large document where you need to sign at multiple places just like banking/loan or any contract multipage form. We should be able to integrate this with Aware IM.