[Solved] Dreadful exp InLine editing - posting simple Qty OH

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

[Solved] Dreadful exp InLine editing - posting simple Qty OH

Post by Jaymer »

I need to offer a simple update screen after a physical Inventory count has been done.
But I'm having an awful experience on 8.1 bld 2477.
Its SOOOOO painful to enter a Qty OH, and then click on the row below.
I get a slight delay, a spinner while 16 rules evaluate (half are automatic rules for defaults, initial value, choices, etc.) and then the next row COMES OUT of edit mode, making me have to click again to edit the cell (and sometimes that takes more than 1 click).
Screen Shot 2019-01-06 at 11.53.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-06 at 11.53.18 PM.png (106.06 KiB) Viewed 7804 times
Even if I was trying to enter 1 down the entire column, its BRUTAL!!! OMG

Does anyone have a strategy for posting a simple column of #s in a table?

And another less crucial Q:
Also, can someone refresh my memory - wasn't there an update in the last 6 months that had something to do with Inline Editing - NOT causing a new line to be added at the bottom of a Query. Was that a setting, cause I can't find it.
Last edited by Jaymer on Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
customaware

Re: Dreadful experience InLine editing - posting simple Qty

Post by customaware »

For your last Question.....

Add this to the Initialisation Script of the Query....

parser.m_doNotAddNewOnTab=true;
Cheers,
Mark
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

There were some fixes to inline editing in 8.2 - not sure if it fixes your particular issue, but it is worth a try
Aware IM Support Team
BLOMASKY

Post by BLOMASKY »

I just had the same business requirement. where a physical inventory was run and the user had to enter new stock amounts. I solved this by having a form attached to a non-persistant BO.

I have a Non-Persistant BO with 2 fields, Item # and New Qty. I have a form where the user enters the item code, then my process will read the Inventory records, and after the new balance is entered, I would have the inventory updated by this field.

Does this make sense?

Bruce
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

Bruce. May not work for me.
They need to use a iPad at an inventory location. Like “supply cabinet”

In a grid, see items in a specific sort order and see:
Item #
LOCation# (sets the display order)
Name
Par
Qty O/H <——— enters this
Cost
Manuf
Vendor

Don’t want to enter the item#, just arrow down/click/tab whatever to get the O/H #s entered.
Last edited by Jaymer on Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
johntalbott

Post by johntalbott »

Is Qty O/H the only editable field?
VocalDay Solutions - Agility - Predictability - Quality

We specialize in enabling business through the innovative use of technology.

AwareIM app with beautiful UI/UX - https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crfUrrVeB3t
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

john,
it COULD be if we have to.
Reality is, that while you are counting an area, you MAY want to edit your PAR (cause you see stuff still in stock for long time) or the LOCation field (cause maybe the move the item for some reason.)

Jaymer
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

ok, Vlad told me that some improvements were done in 8.2 for Inline.
I'm now happy.
Not just cause of 8.2 tho.

At first, I had no change. I really had unexplainable results using inline.
2 of 4 numeric fields on a line just "didn't work" - I have a video, but I don't think its important anymore.
The didn't look like the other 2 that DID work when the cursor was parked on them - and they ignored a value typed into them and I didn't get a little red triangle when tabbing out.

I modified the field to use Up/Down Spinners - set this in the Attribute properties.
All of a sudden, these fields worked like the other 2 (which had no spinners ever).

I also had an issue that when you changed a value, after tabbing thru the line, when Aware would save, the cursor would go away/or back to the top line in the grid.
Realized I had a Refresh option on - so that when this BO was saved, the grid refreshed.
Would have normally worked if you weren't doing Inline editing - There was a Panel Op button for "Add New", so I had to have the refresh on to redraw the screen after the new rec.
Removed the refresh setting and InLIne editing worked now fast and like you'd expect it to.
thanks!!!

Jaymer