Query Column Filters

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
bwalk

Query Column Filters

Post by bwalk »

Good day all,
In a query column filter I would like the text box to be a dropdown of entered values.
The Filter setup page has a column 'Display Choices' but I cannot change it in any way.
Anyone have any ideas? I will post a screenshot of the Filter setup page and my query result.
Any insight is much appreciated.
Thanks
Attachments
2018-12-12_8-21-25.jpg
2018-12-12_8-21-25.jpg (85.63 KiB) Viewed 3944 times
2018-12-12_8-16-39.jpg
2018-12-12_8-16-39.jpg (39.5 KiB) Viewed 3944 times
Jaymer

Re: Query Column Filters

Post by Jaymer »

1. Display choices for when you have a field that has a hard coded set of choices in it, like north south east west

2. Try doing this in Assigned to filter box:
In the empty box, type a
Then backspace the a and it should be filled with a list of choices

I’m not sure what it’s doing to get that list on the backend, and it certainly undocumented, and there’s no way you can tell your users how to do that,
But it’s nice.
Also, I always use contains as my criteria

If you have a timestamp field, it’s almost impossible to use a filter on that column

If you have a numeric column with a filter, it would be nice to easily remove that numeric up down spinner
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
bwalk

Post by bwalk »

Hello Jaymer,
That is a pretty neat hack but if that data is already there why can we not set it to come up on entry and not '{some letter} backspace' ?
Yes, I wouldn't even want to mention that to a user, he will think I'm nuts even for suggesting it.
But for me it is good to know it is there. Now if someone who has some influence could suggest it to the powers at be, that would be great.
Thanks
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

I like that... the '{some letter} backspace' hack
LOL
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL