Stand-alone config tool and resetWindows.bat

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
johntalbott

Stand-alone config tool and resetWindows.bat

Post by johntalbott »

The windows in my "stand-alone" config tool are messed up. I went to run the resetWindows.bat file, but it is not in C:\Program Files (x86)\Aware IM Configuration Tool\bin

I copied from it from the server install c:\AwareIM\bin to the path above and ran it, but it's not working.

Any suggestions?
VocalDay Solutions - Agility - Predictability - Quality

We specialize in enabling business through the innovative use of technology.

AwareIM app with beautiful UI/UX - https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crfUrrVeB3t
Jaymer

Re: Stand-alone config tool and resetWindows.bat

Post by Jaymer »

Man, that sure is ironic.
The “machine” is getting back at you for all that illegal poking and prodding you do under the hood
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
johntalbott

Re: Stand-alone config tool and resetWindows.bat

Post by johntalbott »

The issue is that the resetWindows.bat file deletes file named workbench.xmi, but does not include the correct path for the stand-along config tool which is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Aware IM Configuration Tool\bin\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.e4.workbench\workbench.xmi

I manually deleted workbench.xmi to straighten out the windows.

It's too bad that they get screwed up in the first place. Managing the config tool windows in general is a crummy user experience.
VocalDay Solutions - Agility - Predictability - Quality

We specialize in enabling business through the innovative use of technology.

AwareIM app with beautiful UI/UX - https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crfUrrVeB3t