@SUPPORT - ►FR◄ Attribute "Visibility" property

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BenHayat

@SUPPORT - ►FR◄ Attribute "Visibility" property

Post by BenHayat »

Hello Support;

Could you PLEASE add Visibility Property to BO Attribute that at runtime via JS we can set the visibility to True or False according to certain conditions that would make that attribute, including it's label to be visible or not. Almost every front end library provide this property to show/hide an element on the form. I need to create smart and interactive forms according to what users select, so I can provide meaningful data entry inputs.

Since Aware already has control of data that has been entered, a JS Visibility can use our condition against JS data and show/hide elements.
Thank you in advance!
tford

Re: @SUPPORT - ►FR◄ Attribute "Visibility" property

Post by tford »

+1 --> Assuming it could be implemented in a way that would allow us to search the BOs and Attributes involved in the conditions.

I rely on the ability to search BOs and attributes in problem solving big time! Without these cross-reference / search capabilities, it is too easy to add / change / remove something and not notice it until it's too late.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

This has been on my wishlist for many years :(
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

1+

NB: This is probably already possibly via an advanced init script for an attribute. If anyone have some time and brain power over the holidays :D take a look at the programmers reference e.g markup etc.. I have implemented scripts that look at value of attribute etc. and then does something but this only happens when the data has been loaded i.e not when changed so the script needs to look at changes.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Use this in your script for the attribute:

markup.css ("display", "none");

Simple.
Aware IM Support Team